What are you listening to at this moment?

Slightly off topic but, I've just lost all my music (about 5000 tracks!) from a 10 yr old Ipod Classic.

Any suggestions on how to get it back?

Everything I find online points to some software that needs paying for and may or may not work.....

Hard drive recovery software, but it depends on how they were "lost" (we're they deleted or overwritten?). Has your iPod just died? If so the contents of the hard drive might be in tact. Edited by PlayItLivo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It sounds like a crock of :censored:e!

All For One bar one then!

Seriously shaky guitar with cobbled together lyrics. Classic Stone Roses - all of their tracks are like that. Their first works hit at peak Manchester, it's just that in 1989 we'd listen to the likes of Northern Uproar and Northside just because it was in scene.

I love Roses, but in the cold light of day - this is what they are.

Seriously shaky guitar with cobbled together lyrics. Classic Stone Roses - all of their tracks are like that. Their first works hit at peak Manchester, it's just that in 1989 we'd listen to the likes of Northern Uproar and Northside just because it was in scene.

Northern Uproar were a fair few years after weren't they? New single's not great but the first album's right up there (IMO).

Never a good idea releasing a new single with such fanfare - everybody searches it out, listens closely and is immediately hyper critical rather than hearing it here & there and either liking it or not liking it.

That said, it's a damn good idea if you want to make as much money from it as quickly as possible.

For his undeniable shortcomings as a vocalist, I've always thought of Ian Brown as a decent lyricist. Some of his solo stuff is brilliant, even though an awful lot of people thought he'd be a complete joke as a solo artist in the aftermath of the Roses.

But this rehash of the Dogtanion theme song is incredibly weak lyrically.

For his undeniable shortcomings as a vocalist, I've always thought of Ian Brown as a decent lyricist

Excellent point, I agree.

Northern Uproar were a fair few years after weren't they?

Yeah, I was making the point that we'd listen/buy any old crap if it was in the scene. I've got two CD singles to prove it. :grin:

Yeah, I was making the point that we'd listen/buy any old crap if it was in the scene. I've got two CD singles to prove it. :grin:

Definitely one of the coolest bands when I was a kid but I'm guessing the singles haven't had an airing for a while.

Eagulls new album Ullages is being played a lot recently. Never heard of them before it. Band from Leeds, with a vocalist who's similar to Robert Smith of The Cure.

Reckon I'll be bored of them in a week but it's good while it lasts...

Hey. I stand by From A Window. That was :censored:ing excellent. But they were a :censored: band x100. The public get landfill indie bands like that shovelled down our necks when there's a cool scene. Madchester had the likes of Intastella, Northside and Flowered Up. Britpop you could literally name :censored:LOADS. These days I'd classify most bands that sit on a sofa on Soccer AM.

But that new Roses song. Wow. It's crushing to realise that they've been working on that for, what, 3 years or so. And what they come out with is a guitar line that's lifted note-for-:censored:ing-note off Squid Lord by The Fall and sounds like a song Beady Eye had :censored:ed off for not being up to muster. I preferred it when they hated each other.

Anyway, the best thing I've heard all year is the debut album by Songs For Walter. It's gorgeous. Sounds like a kind of more melodic Mercury Rev to my ears. The lead singer, Laurie is supremely talented. Known him a few years but if the music industry is fair (which it ain't) then he'd be sitting in a mansion and that knobhead from Catfish & The Bottlemen will be picking his weekly giro up.