What are you listening to at this moment?

spacemen 3 were just brilliant!

saw them at reading about '89..stunning.

been listening to some nine inch nails bootlegs, the weirdos, mc5, the cramps, the jam all day.

I love a now defunct unsigned band called Saucerman. I can't find anything they did online, but if you come across it give it a go. Top stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's like asking a parent to pick their favourite Kid!

I can't think of a bad song. They're one of the few bands when I know I'll not hate anything they have done if it comes on my iPod... but... for now I will go with...

At the moment I love Airsteam Driver off the new album.

Overall, I love Girl Shaped Love Drug from the last album.

Old School, I like Blue Moon Rising.

Alright, showing off with your embedding skillz <_<

I saw their first ever Manchester gig at the Roadhouse. They were bostin'.

I'd have to say that Tijuana Lady and Las Vegas Dealer are my favourites. Although Devil Will Ride is up there.

Alright, showing off with your embedding skillz <_<

I saw their first ever Manchester gig at the Roadhouse. They were bostin'.

I'd have to say that Tijuana Lady and Las Vegas Dealer are my favourites. Although Devil Will Ride is up there.

*evil laughs*

If you paste the Embed text in I will activate it for you (PM to remind me).

Devil Will Ride is right up there too, you're right... but I can just list the albums to be honest. Oooh! And Balad of Nice and Easy!!!

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen them live. I'm off to see them at Acc.1 on the 20th too... I love how they play live. Too many bands are unable to move beyond the song, but Mez mix it up, play remixes and never ending jams at the end of songs. Aces.

Excellent band. If you can find the album 'We Are Little Barrie' give it a listen. Well and Truly Done is a stonking tune. (Ackey/Rummy - do the honours if you wouldn't mind... :) )

Also worth checking out are Little Ze - they have a Myspaz page - and in particular their song 20ft Rat.

Listening to Sham 69 without Jimmy Pursey. Will take some getting used to.

Have you ever eaten a cheese sandwich without the cheese? That's what it's like - just not Sham.

The DK's without Jello Biafra?

SLF without Jake?

Just wouldn't work would it? (Although I might just concede that Bruce Foxton did a good job in place of Ali Mac)

Have you ever eaten a cheese sandwich without the cheese? That's what it's like - just not Sham.

The DK's without Jello Biafra?

SLF without Jake?

Just wouldn't work would it? (Although I might just concede that Bruce Foxton did a good job in place of Ali Mac)

i think you hit it on the head till the last example..the lead vocalist is usually the person who gives a band its own identity and sound-swap a vocalist and its a different band IMO..swap a musician within the band and it usually sounds the same..eg oasis.

though "from the jam" is ,in effect, the jam without weller on vocals,at least they are producing new material.the new vocalist isn't bad either,but at least he doesn't try to "be" weller...he's added a different approach.

i think you hit it on the head till the last example..the lead vocalist is usually the person who gives a band its own identity and sound-swap a vocalist and its a different band IMO..swap a musician within the band and it usually sounds the same..eg oasis.

though "from the jam" is ,in effect, the jam without weller on vocals,at least they are producing new material.the new vocalist isn't bad either,but at least he doesn't try to "be" weller...he's added a different approach.

To be honest Johnny, I was referring to Foxton taking over bass with SLF (It was always a contentious issue, where you either loved it or hated it) but I agree with your view on the Jam without Weller - it suddenly becomes a cover band.

A good example is Paul Rodgers touring with Queen - The Bad Company and Free stuff is excellent, while the Queen stuff sounds like a good cover version.

To be honest Johnny, I was referring to Foxton taking over bass with SLF (It was always a contentious issue, where you either loved it or hated it) but I agree with your view on the Jam without Weller - it suddenly becomes a cover band.

A good example is Paul Rodgers touring with Queen - The Bad Company and Free stuff is excellent, while the Queen stuff sounds like a good cover version.

i knew what you were putting across-think i might have replied a bit scu-wif.

in the end brucie-babe( B) ) was quite well respected by SLF fans i feel.he became a fully pledged member rather than "just a session player" rather quickly.. they still had/have that raw edgy feel on new material that the pre-foxton tunes had-especially live.

he's a bloody brilliant bassist.

thanks for the paul rodgers/queen example-i was racking my brain to think of an obvious one but its too early!

Next time they're touring I might be able to get some tickets. I play football with Jamie Moses' son.

In keeping with the thread, I'm going to stick Feel Like Makin' Love on the iPod now.

Next time they're touring I might be able to get some tickets. I play football with Jamie Moses' son.

Don't forget your uncle - remember I've wiped your arse for you :wink:

Can't believe you were still needing that done at 22!!!!