whittaker signs

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see he chips in with the occasional goal, a la Gary Mac.

Never really stood out for me but can't judge...welcome to BP, Danny.

from memory weren't we after him when he moved to Vale? Can't say he has ever stood out for me either but then again neither have a lot of players before they came to play for us.

Was the best player on the pitch when they battered us and we won 3-0 at vale park... remember having a conversation with Lees and Eastley that he looked decent and may be worth a punt....

Prepared to give him a warm welcome and the benifit of the doubt... like Allott and Ruubes, looks like he is the best player is a terribe side, and if we cherrypick these guys from a sinking ship, it will do me.

In my opinion the only offer we should give Danny Wit is a lift back to Macc... We want a promotion side and he will not be good enough, maybe he does have the odd good game in 10 but thats obviously not good enough. He's back at the level he will spend the rest of his football life and we need quality week-in week-out of we want to go up.

He's an odd player as he does have momments but promotion comes in a season and we need consistant players to play for us.

Port vale forum

Its the typical balls about any player in the lower divisions who doesnt have the all round game... sounds as if he can pass, which is what we need, couple of comments about him needing a ball winner next to him... step forward Mr Allott... so it could work well... we now have Ratters, Whittaker, Stephens, and Lee - all of whom should be hungry to impress and do well for the club, with Ratters and Stephens as ball winners, and Lee and Whitt as passers... looks a good balance... plus the midfield enforcer - Mr eardley... should be interesting to see in pre-season, and that is great squad depth...

Whittaker and Allott in CM though... ugliest central Midfield in the country???

Mixed bag reading the Vale discussion. Sounds to me like a 'Diet Wellens' player. What we need definitely. Most of them are basically miffed that he wants more money. Doesn't like to tackle, but with ratters in there he won't have to.

We've signed 5 players (4 if you don't include the Bury kid). I'm getting quite concerened to the fact that none of them is a natural left sided player.

Mixed bag reading the Vale discussion. Sounds to me like a 'Diet Wellens' player. What we need definitely. Most of them are basically miffed that he wants more money. Doesn't like to tackle, but with ratters in there he won't have to.

We've signed 5 players (4 if you don't include the Bury kid). I'm getting quite concerened to the fact that none of them is a natural left sided player.

the left sided player will come my friend think we still have 2 more signings to make yet hills at left back and a left sided midfielder on loan

Don't like the piccy on the fishal....

A sign of things to come?

:o

Just watched his goals on the Fishul site, 5 of 'em, mostly long range belters with his left peg, one long range right peg and a couple of 5 yarders with his left.. but he was in the box to bag them. He looks OK.