whittaker signs

Don't like the piccy on the fishal....

A sign of things to come?

:o

nobody likes the look of luke chadwick either,most ugliest football in england....but i would be very happy if we signed him....

good signing.....chips in with goals....can pass a bit adds much needed depth to our squad,and has experience of this level...well done shez.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mixed bag reading the Vale discussion. Sounds to me like a 'Diet Wellens' player. What we need definitely. Most of them are basically miffed that he wants more money. Doesn't like to tackle, but with ratters in there he won't have to.

We've signed 5 players (4 if you don't include the Bury kid). I'm getting quite concerened to the fact that none of them is a natural left sided player.

I got a feeling Black may well break through this year on the left

Good signing i think.

If we get a decent LB and LW in before the season i think we have a good chance of a play off.

Changed your mind in the last hour or so have you?

In my opinion the only offer we should give Danny Wit is a lift back to Macc... We want a promotion side and he will not be good enough, maybe he does have the odd good game in 10 but thats obviously not good enough. He's back at the level he will spend the rest of his football life and we need quality week-in week-out of we want to go up.

^_^

See you've signed Danny Whitaker from us today. He is a really frustrating player. Can be really good on occasions (usually when the sun is out and a no pressure end of season game) but he is also the sort of player who will go missing most of the time, particularly when the going is tough. I couldn't help noticing your official site labelled him a midfield general. If thats what Sheridan is expecting then he will be in for a big shock. He will score quite a few goals for you though.

Good luck to him and Oldham next season though. The only problem I really have with him was the fact he didn't have the decency/backbone to tell us the truth of whether he really wanted to stay or not and just strung us along.

From a Vale fan. Not sure what to make of that really, I can't really see him being first choice anyway to be fair...

Myself pearing into the future on the 7th of May.

Just noticed Danny Whittaker has rejected a contract from Vale (i'm guessing i'm a bit late with this!), but didn't we try and sign him last season? Is he the sort of player we should be looking at or is he not good enough for a promotion push? 15 in 98 appearances is a decent return from midfield though.