the specials are back!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reforming of The Specials is all down to Simon Jordan of Crystal Palace fame. :shock: It took him five years to persuade them. He's a big fan and Terry Hall was his hero as a boy growing up.

Door still open for Jerry Dammers.

TH avoids Coventry - uses ring road, but there will be a small 'Special' gig for Cov, where friends and fans have supported the band for thirty years.

TH admitted he is a ManUre fan - oafc_ok might like to tell you about that. :unsure: Jetlagged (flown in from Seattle) Lynval Golding is a Chelsea fan.

TH Recorded Colourfield album in Stockport - handy for Old Trafford. (The last I heard he lived in Hayfield, Derbyshire)

LG been working with Lily Allen.

TH referred to anti-Thatcher songs and said Thatcher is still in power but wears a wig and has a Scottish accent.

TH agreed with a fan who said 'Ghost Town' should be the national anthem.

TH having a laugh a minute working with Damon Albarn.

A fan recalled seeing The Specials with The Jam at Lancaster University.

LG said let's see how things develop about a 2 Tone tour with Madness.

TH is aged 50 next and has two grown up boys.

There may be more gig dates.

The presenter did NOT read out my email telling them that Guns of Navarone is played as the fans' choice goal celebration music at BP.

Comment of the night from a fan: I'm Ska'd for life by The Specials! Wish I'd thought of that. :grin:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

the specailsand the best song they ever made and video too ghost town , i once met terry hall at euston station ,he said he was going to form a new group soon ,fun boy three with others from the group ,but its great to hear the specails are back ,i just hope slade will do the same too

One of the my Dad's claims to fame is about when I knocked over Terry Hall's can of coke in London Euston around '85 when I was just 4 or 5. Maybe I did it on purpose 'cos I knew he was a big Red.

The Coventry date has now been announced, Fri 15th May at the Ricoh Arena. Tickets go on sale 9am tomorrow. I'll stick with my Birmingham tickets - was at the Academy for The Pogues last night - excellent small venue once you get used to the smell! Dancefloor was absolute mayhem as I'm sure it will be for The Specials - will be so much better than a stadium date, even taking into account that it's the Coventry homecoming - can't wait!

Anyone excited yet?

I am absolutely over the moon.

I go to see them after a week in Barcelona and have got the wife to agree to buy me a new mod suit for my birthday 3 days before.

All I need now is my skinny tie and shoes.

Roll on May.

'It's all a load of bollocks'

KtF,

Derek.