team taking shape now

We needed depth all over the park, and have been crying out for a left winger, but by far the most important signing we have made is that of A decent physio.

If we had had one last season, i reckon we would have made the play offs. with the new additions to the squad, and a near fully fit squad at that, play offs is highly likely, and i wouldnt rule out automatic.

Don't worry about Wilson, Bigfin, he's an eternal pessimist. It comes from living in 'Milnr' as it's known locally. The fact they get no sunlight and don't have leccy means invariably pasty faced and eternally gloomy! :wink:

I am a one man balancing act against all this over exuberant optimism mate :grin: .

KtF,

Derek.

quote name='DerekWilson_1968' date='Jun 22 2008, 21:57 PM' post='140132']

I am a one man balancing act against all this over exuberant optimism mate :grin: .

KtF,

Derek.

Expect the worse, you can then only be nicely surprised if things go swimmingly - like your style - expect to see Taylor being playing rubbish again?

We needed depth all over the park, and have been crying out for a left winger, but by far the most important signing we have made is that of A decent physio.

If we had had one last season, i reckon we would have made the play offs. with the new additions to the squad, and a near fully fit squad at that, play offs is highly likely, and i wouldnt rule out automatic.

GOOD POINT!!!!!!!!! :grin:

I have to agree with Derek, in truth we know very little about the players who have come in, we haven't signed any big reputation players so far, whereas last season we signed so many.

I seriously doubt we'll struggle but I couldn't say we were promotion material either. Will have to see how pre-season goes and how we get on in the first few games.

I have to agree with Derek, in truth we know very little about the players who have come in, we haven't signed any big reputation players so far, whereas last season we signed so many.

I seriously doubt we'll struggle but I couldn't say we were promotion material either. Will have to see how pre-season goes and how we get on in the first few games.

Because we don't really know anything about the players coming in we can't really say how well they will do. However they could be rough diamonds and that is what I believe shez has tried to unearth here.

We have already addressed 3 key areas for improvement on last season. A new physio to combat injury problems. More squad depth to again mean we can cope with missing a few players, and getting our players signed up early allowing us as someone has said maximum time to gel.

We still need to address 2 more key areas firstly as everyone has said the left side of the pitch to give us that balance, and secondly our delivery from set pieces which is still an area we can improve on.

Ricketts had a big reputation, so did Hughes, so did Allott, so did Kilkenny - did anyone really know how we would have done last year prior to when the season started.

What we do know is we have signed a group of young hungry players who really have everything to prove and don't seem to have ego's the size of Ricketts arse. This new direction for me is a lot better than necessarily signing the huge reps as really its hit and miss.

Of course we don't know about these players but then again we're not paid to scout or sign them. So lets just see shall we.

Edited by jimsleftfoot