all this talk of "need a LW and a LB"

7 strikers at one club is absolute madness. I think we've done all we're gonna do with the strikers, and I'm very happy with what we have. I can, however, see Wolfy moving on within the season. He's obviously at the back of the queue, and I think it's about time someone told him what his deal with theclub actually is. I feel sorry for him because he won't demand football, and for his own career he needs at least a loan spell.

The beauty of our strikers is that they're also versatile. I do think Smalley will be used more of a winger next season, so he's got a good deal there.

The only reason why we lacked firepower last season wasn't because we didn't have the quality. We did. Davies would have surely scored 20, Hughes, if even half-fit would have ended upin double figures, and we probably wouldn't have seen the likes of Lewi and Smalley in much depth. As Shez and Tommy are perfecting the balance and depth, I think we'll definitely see more fluency in our play, which, hopefully, will transpire into that free-scoring mode we had 2 seasons ago.

Having 6 strikers at this level is a massive bonus. I have doubts as to whether any other side have that many in their side. From looking like the thinnest side in the division last year, for all its negatives, we now look like one of the stronger sides in terms of depth - and we're not even done - and because we had to throw Smalley and Lewi etc into the deep end, it has actually turned out to be a very positive thing. In terms of this side being built, maybe last year was a blessing in disguise...

For me, we don't need another striker, as this would create way too much competition.

7 strikers at one club is absolute madness. I think we've done all we're gonna do with the strikers, and I'm very happy with what we have. I can, however, see Wolfy moving on within the season. He's obviously at the back of the queue, and I think it's about time someone told him what his deal with theclub actually is. I feel sorry for him because he won't demand football, and for his own career he needs at least a loan spell.

The beauty of our strikers is that they're also versatile. I do think Smalley will be used more of a winger next season, so he's got a good deal there.

The only reason why we lacked firepower last season wasn't because we didn't have the quality. We did. Davies would have surely scored 20, Hughes, if even half-fit would have ended upin double figures, and we probably wouldn't have seen the likes of Lewi and Smalley in much depth. As Shez and Tommy are perfecting the balance and depth, I think we'll definitely see more fluency in our play, which, hopefully, will transpire into that free-scoring mode we had 2 seasons ago.

Having 6 strikers at this level is a massive bonus. I have doubts as to whether any other side have that many in their side. From looking like the thinnest side in the division last year, for all its negatives, we now look like one of the stronger sides in terms of depth - and we're not even done - and because we had to throw Smalley and Lewi etc into the deep end, it has actually turned out to be a very positive thing. In terms of this side being built, maybe last year was a blessing in disguise...

For me, we don't need another striker, as this would create way too much competition.

I think we've got enough up front too. Uncle Joe won promotion with 4 strikers and two of 'em were gash! Ritchie, Marshall, Currie and Moulden, of course we had the Dodger waiting in the wings and Redders banged in 17 from centre mid.

I'm excited about our options next season we have 6 very different types of striker and in Davies and Smalley versatility too. Hughes is the work-horse and the guy who will seize on any half-chance or create something out of nothing. Davies is the pace threat who shoots from anywhere who occasionally pops up in the box. O'Grady seems to be something of an enigma, again will shoot from anywhere and appears to be quite skilful, Lewi is your deep lying Beardsley type, Deano relies on his pace but is surprisingly good in the air, is he a striker? Jury's still out for me. Wolfy is our fox in the box, if its on a plate he buries it BUT not sure he will be here at Christmas. Oh and not forgetting that surely Lidds if he plays will have a more central role next season. Even though I think he's past it hes probably still the best technical footballer at the club. IF HE PLAYS INSIDE. NOT ON THE WING SHEZ! :pray:

What we do need is more goals from the midfileders and especially the centre-backs.