Preston tournament update

Don't blame it on sunshine

Don't blame it on moonlight

Don't blame it on good times

Blame it on the Jacko.

Only kidding bigman. Wasnt his fault and should never of got sent off for calling the ref a cheat and that he'd been done there - because it was clear to everyone on the pitch and watching that it was the case. It was never a penalty in the first place, ref hadnt got hold of the situation from the challenge about 20 seconds earlier. If anyone bar Rob had put that tackle in (which he won the ball) then it wouldnt of been given.

It was a good tournament and played in a decent spirit, though the officials from start to finish were bad. Really bad. 15 minutes each way they were awfully picky. Free kicks given for nothing challenges and you couldnt even question a decision from any of them. Even when they'd got their decision wrong. Was a big anti climax that last game, though we did pretty well all considering. There's no way you could play the style of football we have been doing in the past with that wind today.

It wasnt us just saying it about the refs. Speak with any of the three teams in our group and they'll tell you just how poor they were. Particularly the one we kept getting in the group stages, same goes for the Tranmere game.

Clougal aka the Fonz was immense and probably our best player throughout the day for me, especially playing left back when he's right footed. Bullied pretty much every winger that came up against him. Mike (LaticsLegend) did really well too.

Oh and well done for Beardy for his routine for Preston's 3rd goal which saw him end up on his arse tangled up in the nets. :lol::lol:

Anyway, well done to the whole squad, it's a shame we couldn't sneak a goal past the Netterriers (they must have improved!?!) and get into the top half, but it should all stand the squad in good stead for next season.

Not at all. Exact same team, no new faces. Just got lucky that Preston decided to rest their first 11 against them, which is the only reason they beat Preston. They got outplayed in their semi. It's just a good job for them it went straight to penalties and Crewe thought they were playing who could miss by the furthest.

Burnley were suprisingly bad.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

It was a cracking day even if the results didnt go our way in the end. But im sure like me everyone enjoyed themselves. I think it would have been a totally different outcome for us had the wind not been so bad, it just didnt suit our game.

I agree with Rocky, Cloughie was absolutely immense today in every game. The first goal he scored was awsome. I took the corner and just pinged it to the penalty spot, Cloughie was like a salmon and bullet headed it into the net. His second was just the same apart from the ball being delivered by Phil.

That ref we had was terrible and ive seen some bad ones. I hot a ball in the first half of one game and it hit the oposition player and flew out for our throw. The ref decided it was not our throw as he said it didnt hit there player. The other team were cracking up laughing at his blatant balls up. I think it was Rob who said something to him and the ref went barmy about it. Whilst we were waiting for a corner i went to the ref and explained that Rob was only annoyed becasue he gave such a bad decision, he just strugged his shoulders and said "so i got it wrong, oh well". Fantastic attitude eh?

There is always next seasons fixtures to look forward to now though.

Apologies today lads I was gash.

Well played everyone, Cloughie and Mike were our players of the tournament. Cheers to Richie and Peanuts for organising us well on the day.

Edited by Butter

Heard that we did well today well done fellas. Hopefully i can force my way in to the team.

well done to everyone who took part....sounded like it was a cracking day only spoiled by poor decisions and bad weather....

lordy,unless you filled out sunshine i cant see you forcing anything.,hahahaha.

Guest oa_exile

Big thumbs up from me ! :chubb: a very enjoyable day !

Good to meet a few new faces who I had not met before today off OWTB :OWTB1:

Think the lads did well today a good opportunity to get to know each other and bit more match practice before the serious stuff starts :wink:

Some of the refereeing decision were pretty shocking , as peanuts kept telling me :)

Thanks to the lads also for keeping my 7 year old occupied , he really enjoyed his self , one reason why latics are the best :latics:

He said to me in the car on the way over "Will that Owl be there ?" :lol:

Biggest shock was bumping into *Cough* AH's love child :who: Quality :laught30:

A.jpg

Thanks again , Cheers Exile

I am very sore, not the best way to start a new job!

Great day out, especially the Preston game, which if i do say so myself was the best i have played in a long while, even if i did end up choking myself on the netting at the end.

Thanks to all who turned up, and the fans!!!

Yes Exile, i mean you!