Another Striker on his way?

Hibs forward Clayton Donaldson is a wanted man, with the news that he is being chased by two English sides.

English League One side Oldham Athletic are thought to have joined League Two side Darlington in the scramble for the out of favour front man.

Donaldson, 24, has struggled to make an impact at Easter Road since arriving from York City on a bosman deal at the start of the 07/08 season.

The English striker played 21 times and scored 6 goals for the Hibees, 3 of them penalties, this also included a hat-trick against Kilmarnock and goals against Falkirk and Motherwell.

Donaldson was also linked with a move to Crewe Alexandra in January and they are also monitoring the situation.

It's not known if Hibs will be looking for a fee, as Donaldson still has two years to run on his contract at Easter Road.

Hibs forward Clayton Donaldson is a wanted man, with the news that he is being chased by two English sides.

English League One side Oldham Athletic are thought to have joined League Two side Darlington in the scramble for the out of favour front man.

Donaldson, 24, has struggled to make an impact at Easter Road since arriving from York City on a bosman deal at the start of the 07/08 season.

The English striker played 21 times and scored 6 goals for the Hibees, 3 of them penalties, this also included a hat-trick against Kilmarnock and goals against Falkirk and Motherwell.

Donaldson was also linked with a move to Crewe Alexandra in January and they are also monitoring the situation.

It's not known if Hibs will be looking for a fee, as Donaldson still has two years to run on his contract at Easter Road.

What is the source Jonny??

I would be seriously surprised if it wasnt anything more than paper talk... or a rumour that has been around for a while...

If we do sign yest another striker, Wolfy is a gonner surely, and lewis and Deano will be totally in the stiffs... or pehaps Mr Hughes has more injury worries than we know?

.. still seriously doubt it though....

You've got to suspect that the papers have seen how many signings we've made, and we have obviously been sniffing around loads of potential signings, I reckon agents are using us to create a bit of a buzz around their clients. IMO we would be better off signing for any position now other than striker.

You've got to suspect that the papers have seen how many signings we've made, and we have obviously been sniffing around loads of potential signings, I reckon agents are using us to create a bit of a buzz around their clients. IMO we would be better off signing for any position now other than striker.

Also... you lok at his profile and he is a young, reasonably unproven pacey thin striker, who allegedly gets in lots of good positions but generally spoons it... but "has lots of potential" - think Davies, O'Grady, Smalley and Ales already fit this role very well!

As you say... sounds like the type of player we were probably sniffing around... however O'Grady surely is pretty much the same player...

Unless he is secretly desiring to give up his striking days... obsessively wanting to play in the glamour position of left-Back...

Used to be at York. Went to Hibs on a "Porter" transfer.

if it is true and we get him for nothing then whats the harm...adds more options to the squad.........

wolfy should be a goner anyway,he should be sent out on a season long loan to league 2 to toughen him up a bit,and take some pressure off so to speak...

i still think we will see 2 more players coming in...and one maybe a biggy so to speak.

if it is true and we get him for nothing then whats the harm...adds more options to the squad.........

wolfy should be a goner anyway,he should be sent out on a season long loan to league 2 to toughen him up a bit,and take some pressure off so to speak...

i still think we will see 2 more players coming in...and one maybe a biggy so to speak.

Hmmm, news to me this one! One of my work colleagues is good friends with his partner. I will be seeing her this week and will try to get some more info..

Hmmm, news to me this one! One of my work colleagues is good friends with his partner. I will be seeing her this week and will try to get some more info..

Yeh my aunties best friends daughters boyfriend is friends with Ronaldos agent and apparently he is going

Apart from carrying the wage of a player thats not needed

Agree 100%. I think with our striking options, we ought to play Lee Hughes 3 times in each games, which I am confident will net us at least 180 goals over the course of the season :)

isn't she an ex-work colleague now you've got your own business? Or have you started hiring other people already? ;)

Speak to you soon bro!