North West Masters?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of a soft Southern excuse is that? :shock:

I can't deny, it is a bit arse. I just have this thing where if I've said I'll do something, I do it. I was that close to throwing a sicky for a wedding I was "deputy best man" at on the last day of the cricket season last year...

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up 6 today. Girl behind the desk at the M.E.N. :shock::blush:

Should be good. Though is it what people have been saying and being split into two groups of three. Which means possibly only two games. Ah well. In the worst case scenario we can still abuse the Mancs/Leeds and I can sing Keith Hill (Blackburn) songs on my own! :lol:

Should be good. Though is it what people have been saying and being split into two groups of three. Which means possibly only two games. Ah well. In the worst case scenario we can still abuse the Mancs/Leeds and I can sing Keith Hill (Blackburn) songs on my own! :lol:

It was a middle aged dwarf,when i got mine.

As for groups i would think manure and citeh massive in one and noblot / blackbum in the other ,so who will latics and the dirty l**ds be put in with

Nah, Navy-blue all the way on this one... or I might wear the '92 goalkepping top and actually go as Jon Hallworth.... amazing....

Sure we all have enough Old Skool Home shirts to wear from the ages past....

Sorry Bigfin, I won't be wearing blue. In the style of the OS, here's a sneak preview of the shirt I'll be wearing to the Masters.

DSCF4356.jpg

Let's face it, when else am I going to get an excuse to wear it? :D

Yeah thats right about the groups. No doubt city and united will be in the same group, its just who is in with them. Personally think we will be paired with Bolton and Blackburn.

Yeah you can take drinks to your seats if your going for a few pre match beers i suggest the Mitre Bar round the corner pretty decent normally quiet also.

IM confused ?? Pre match beers ? What about drinking during the match is that allowed ? Please tell me it is :D

General prices for the majority of events at the MEN arena is extortionate. Pushing £4-£5

Not from my experience... Every gig i have been to (alot) at the MEN has seen me paying about £3.30 for a pint of Carlsberg...

Anyway, can someone please tell me if you can drink while watching the game ? cheers :)

Not from my experience... Every gig i have been to (alot) at the MEN has seen me paying about £3.30 for a pint of Carlsberg...

Anyway, can someone please tell me if you can drink while watching the game ? cheers :)

I've been to a fair few there myself. Probably mates over-exaggerating the fact they are quite expensive haha. Some of the beer is about £4 on the walk way before the seating area however and £3.50 or something from the guys with the barrells on their backs in the standing areas.

Still agreed they are bleeding expensive! haha

Yeah you can drink whilst watching the game.

Exactly.. was there the other weekend and carlsberg was £3.30... asked if there are any differences in the rules or prices for footie and they didnt think so...

... also, for one bottle of Blossom Hill wine it is the bargain price of £16.50!!! Whooop Whooop!!! :wink:

Very excited for this now it's upon us...screw this £3.30 lark...to Sinclair's beforehand for a few pints at £1.30 in the glorious sunshine, and then off to the arena to watch our very own legends silence the big boys.

Very excited for this now it's upon us...screw this £3.30 lark...to Sinclair's beforehand for a few pints at £1.30 in the glorious sunshine, and then off to the arena to watch our very own legends silence the big boys.

Sounds like a plan to me. I'll be at Sinclairs shortly after 5pm

I arrive from London around 3.30pm. Not sure if I need to head home to Smithy as I'll have 40 + flags etc with me for the Dale game and need to get rid of them. Anyone driving and willing to let me dump my stuff in your car for the duration??