Top 10 late Latics Goals

on from Thailatics post, your top 10 fave late Latics goals, preferably from games you were present at! Not including ones you've already mentioned in the previous thread.

10. Allott vs Luton Oct '99, Luton keeper biggin' up their equaliser, then rat boy nicks it at the death!

9. Olney vs Spurs Dec '92 - Great Header

8. The Dodger vs WBA - The late Mel Rees had been superb that day. March '91

7. Beckett vs Gillingham Jan '06

6. Ritchie vs Middlesbrough April '95

5. Baudet at the Bin Dippers Jan '03

4. Olney vs Leeds (Sept' 92 - two nil and yer ****** it up!!)

3. Dux at Wigwam's JCB Jan '00

2. Eyresey at Stockport - Sublime Feb '03

1. John Eyre vs QPR (Up yours Dowie!) Dec '03

Edited by oafcprozac

That I was at, in no particular order because it's too hard to split them.

Gary Mac at Scunny

Duxbury at Wigan.

Davies vs Swansea last season

Colluso at Bury

Eyresy at Stockport

Chris Hall vs Tranmere

Craig Davies @ Tranmere

O'Halloran vs Rushden

Paul Jones v Wigan

Ryan Sugden to send Blackpool down :grin:

Matt O'Haloran v Rushden...it was our first win after the terrible summer of 2003 and the moment it hit the net 3 months of pentup frustration at what had almost happened to the club just went. It was that goal and win that made me believe that all was not lost and we were back.

And The Dodger v Manure semi-final 1990 - 3-3

fitz Hall v Stoke.

Chris killen V Barnsley

Luke Beckett V Barnsley

Gary Mac v Scunny

Duxbury V Wigan

Colusso V Bury

Hall/Porter V Tranmere

Davies v Swansea

Glombard V Bradford (for Rocastles celebration alone)

Baudet V Tranmere

newcastle fullback own goal at boundary park, championship season, never would have gone in on grass, trickled over the line for a point , classic!

brian kilcline v leeds at elland rd, granted in his own net, but couldnt have caught it any better, hallworth never saw it,

Colluso at Bury

We sponsored the matchball or something for that game,The Bury fans were goading us that there were only about 700 latics in attendance.Then he scored and three sides of the ground were bouncing about like crazy,as the black pudding munchers slid under their seats

Always makes me smile that one :grin:

on from Thailatics post, your top 10 fave late Latics goals, preferably from games you were present at! Not including ones you've already mentioned in the previous thread.

10. Allott vs Luton Oct '99, Luton keeper biggin' up their equaliser, then rat boy nicks it at the death!

9. Olney vs Spurs Dec '92 - Great Header

8. The Dodger vs WBA - The late Mel Rees had been superb that day. March '91

7. Beckett vs Gillingham Jan '06

6. Ritchie vs Middlesbrough April '95

5. Baudet at the Bin Dippers Jan '03

4. Olney vs Leeds (Sept' 92 - two nil and yer ****** it up!!)

3. Dux at Wigwam's JCB Jan '00

2. Eyresey at Stockport - Sublime Feb '03

1. John Eyre vs QPR (Up yours Dowie!) Dec '03

All time late goal (not including the pen) for me has to be Southampton away in Littlewoods Cup 1989. Ritchie scored in injury time (and there was no announced amount of time in those days) to earn us a replay. We went mental in the away end - kept the Pinch Me season rolling that one.

Also Neil Adam's 2nd goal at Everton in Prem in Great Escape Season 1993. Got us back from 2-0 down to 2-2 and get a point. It became known as the "turning point".

Gary Mac at Scunny

Duxbury at Wigan.

Davies vs Swansea last season

Colluso at Bury

Eyresy at Stockport

Chris Hall vs Tranmere

Craig Davies @ Tranmere

O'Halloran vs Rushden

Paul Jones v Wigan

I was waiting for somebody to mention O'Halloran! The mentalism that ensued will live long in the memory.

What about the Cooksey one at Grimsby in the 3-3. Was it Boxing Day?

Best and funniest I have seen was the season we got promoted. Went to Hull City and got played off the park 1st half and were 1-0 down at half time. Andy Payton scored for Hull 5 minutes into the 2nd half and instead of turning the knife, preceded to time waste for the next 40 minutes.

Then out of nowhere Nick Henry and Redders scored in the last 2 minutes and we scraped a draw. Can still see the shock on the Hull fans faces.

One that sticks out must have been mid seventies against Fulham at BP. Lashing it down all through game...Peter Mellor

unbeatable in goal for them. Looking like 0-0 then Fulham defender scored a stunning own goal with a diving header..

Fulham Defender was Bobby Moore ...yes THE BOBBY MOORE !!!

One that sticks out must have been mid seventies against Fulham at BP. Lashing it down all through game...Peter Mellor

unbeatable in goal for them. Looking like 0-0 then Fulham defender scored a stunning own goal with a diving header..

Fulham Defender was Bobby Moore ...yes THE BOBBY MOORE !!!

I remember that one, it was stunner. I was just level with the top of the net in the Chaddy, Bobby Moore just caught perfectly (for us!).

I seem to remember the Fulham goalkeepr looking like Mr Hilton, a Geography teacher as St. Albans...

Happy days!

Edited by LeesofLees

I remember that one, it was stunner. I was just level with the top of the net in the Chaddy, Bobby Moore just caught perfectly (for us!).

I seem to remember the Fulham goalkeepr looking like Mr Hilton, a Geography teacher as St. Albans...

Happy days!

my vote would be colusso a shot from edge off box for a 2 2 draw not sure who it was against

Happy days!

I remember Mr. Hilton when I was at St. Alban's! I was there from 1977-1984 (inc 6th form). When were you there?