Top 10 late Latics Goals

In not particualar order...

Southhampton v Latics - Ritchie. As mentioned, stoppage time went on for ever and after waht felt like an eternity Stitch popped up.

Latics v Newcastle - o.g. NYD. Cannot remember who touched it, but last gasp equaliser.

Latics v Rushden - O'Halloran for the reasons mentioned, a chance to finally celebrate our team after a hellish period.

Latics v Leeds - Olney to equalise. Great stuff - controvertial as it was one of the first times I can remember the shielding the ball in the corner flag to kill time. Ref didn't seem impressed as added loads of time on, and step up Ian.

Colluso at Bury..... I remember the majority of the ground erupting, and what Bury fans there were sliding down in the seats!!!

That game aswell didnt kick off off till about 8.30 becuase of sheer amount of latics fans... and didnt david Reeves suffer one of the most ramdom injuries ever... by getting hit in the face by a football and detatching a retina in his eye?

Only ten? OK I will try and narrow it down. Don't ask me which season, I'm old and forget easily.

10. Lee Richardsons first in blue v Charlton. Classic volleying skills.

9. Milligan v City at Maine Rd. Backheel. Cheeky Spike.

8. Ritchie v Brighton at the Goldstone. What a run and what a finish.

7. Ritchie v Arsenal. Henry, Ritchie, Irwin on the overlap, Ritchie goal!!!!

6. Palmer v Everton FAC. Out of the binmans hands. Not a great goal as such, but in the series of games it gave us the edge for the first time.

5. McCarthy v United at OT. Did he ever do anything better for us?

4. Barrett at Anfield. Who would have thought it? Who are little Oldham now eh???

3. Palmer at Ayresome Park. Cuts inside the defender from the right, leaves him stranded, looks up and curls a beauty into the far corner.

2. Palmer. Hat trick goal v City. His hand was in the air as it was floating over the hapless Dibble.

1. Palmer. Diving header v Ipswich on a bloody freezing night. The hardened souls that were there that night witnessed history being made. What took you Rog? We had been waiting two months for him to break the record. My favourite ever goal by my favourite ever player. Genius at our level without a doubt.

KtF,

Derek.

A quick edit for near misses in inclusion.

The Verndog v City, FAC.

Beckford v Bolton FAC - cheers crap defending Noblot bloke!

Milligan on his return v Everton, rasping one in from 25 yards. How good did that feel?

David Cross v Leeds at BP. Did it win us the game? I think so - for some reason 3-2 sticks in my head.

Cec v Leeds. Playoffs. How sad the Feckers went up the other end and scored. It could have been our greatest ever goal.

One of Futchers hat-trick at Odsal. Can't remember which of the three it was, but it was a rasper.

Sheridan. Penalty in front of the Kop, Hillsborough. That took balls of steel on the day he had been announced their greatest ever player.

Cooksey. Grimsby away a few years back on Boxing Day. Awesome move and stunning hit.

Edited by DerekWilson_1968

Only ten? OK I will try and narrow it down. Don't ask me which season, I'm old and forget easily.

...too old to realise it was suppose to be late goals... :shock: nice list though, some good memories in there inc the dodgers record breaker.

Colluso at Bury..... I remember the majority of the ground erupting, and what Bury fans there were sliding down in the seats!!!

That game aswell didnt kick off off till about 8.30 becuase of sheer amount of latics fans... and didnt david Reeves suffer one of the most ramdom injuries ever... by getting hit in the face by a football and detatching a retina in his eye?

No mention of Allan Smart's legendary miss.

Eee-Orr........ :shock::shock:

I remember masses running down to the front everytime Bury had a corner to hurl abuse at Paul Reid.

10. Lee Richardsons first in blue v Charlton. Classic volleying skills. (It was his 2nd goal and the 5th of the afternoon, opening day of 94/95)

9. Milligan v City at Maine Rd. Backheel. Cheeky Spike. (Brought it back to 2-3, he'd just had one disallowed too, 29/8/92)

8. Ritchie v Brighton at the Goldstone. What a run and what a finish. (The winner 2/3/91)

7. Ritchie v Arsenal. Henry, Ritchie, Irwin on the overlap, Ritchie goal!!!! (Ritchie's 2nd, the stooping header to make it 3-0)

6. Palmer v Everton FAC. Out of the binmans hands. Not a great goal as such, but in the series of games it gave us the edge for the first time. (Equalised Cottee's early strike)

5. McCarthy v United at OT. Did he ever do anything better for us? (Unbelievable as two minutes earlier he'd been clean through and fell over his own feckin feet, oh how we laughed! His hat-trick Rocket at Meadow Lane took some beating as well!)

4. Barrett at Anfield. Who would have thought it? Who are little Oldham now eh??? (Easy, Easy, Easy........)

3. Palmer at Ayresome Park. Cuts inside the defender from the right, leaves him stranded, looks up and curls a beauty into the far corner. (Wondeful strike on his left foot, our only shot of the day! W1-0 22/9/90)

2. Palmer. Hat trick goal v City. His hand was in the air as it was floating over the hapless Dibble. (Tremendous lob, 29/8/88)

1. Palmer. Diving header v Ipswich on a bloody freezing night. The hardened souls that were there that night witnessed history being made. What took you Rog? We had been waiting two months for him to break the record. My favourite ever goal by my favourite ever player. Genius at our level without a doubt. (Typical Oldham weather for April......a blizzard, Orange Ball, the ground goes mad! April '89)

KtF,

Derek.

A quick edit for near misses in inclusion.

The Verndog v City, FAC.

Beckford v Bolton FAC - cheers crap defending Noblot bloke! (Mark Patterson worst back pass ever! Woohoo!)

Milligan on his return v Everton, rasping one in from 25 yards. How good did that feel? (Shinned it!)

David Cross v Leeds at BP. Did it win us the game? I think so - for some reason 3-2 sticks in my head.

Cec v Leeds. Playoffs. How sad the Feckers went up the other end and scored. It could have been our greatest ever goal. (Always Edwards, even when he went on loan to Plymouth he bagged against us!)

One of Futchers hat-trick at Odsal. Can't remember which of the three it was, but it was a rasper.

Sheridan. Penalty in front of the Kop, Hillsborough. That took balls of steel on the day he had been announced their greatest ever player.

Cooksey. Grimsby away a few years back on Boxing Day. Awesome move and stunning hit. (Carlos Alberto Cooksey)

Edited by oafcprozac