Got Your Chelsea Shirt?

Think this could be something the trust could look at if the club are set in their ways. I think the Trust and OWTB have done far more commercially over the last couple of seasons than what the club have done. Do we still have a place on the board?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we have a marketing and merchandising bloke earning probably over 20 k a year....yet if you ask 3/4 of the peole in the town what he looks like and what is name is i bet most havent got a clue....

We don't. we have a Commercial Manager whose focus is primarily on sponsorship. There's abig difference.

Sean J was Marketing Director with a wider remit than Bob Gorrill.

Aye, bring back the red away kit with blue trim. No qualms in that.

It's interesting all this bleating about the kit being badly made. They always have been. Even back in the days when we had Umbro, the material bobbled like :censored: after 2 or 3 washes, and the badge was just glued on.

Peterborough - Adidas

Mk Dons - Nike

Macclesfield - Adidas

Hereford - Nike

If the above clubs can do it surely we can get a proper sports manufacturer to make our kits.

If its putting people off buying shirts then the deal they are getting with carlotti is irrelevant!! IMO bin carlotti for next years home kit and fade them out.. This kit is very poor quality and not fair on the fans who buy them or would like to buy the replica top!

Wonder if the club would let us poll for the next kit supplier!

Think this could be something the trust could look at if the club are set in their ways. I think the Trust and OWTB have done far more commercially over the last couple of seasons than what the club have done. Do we still have a place on the board?

I doubt that Barry Owen's creative streak holds the key to solving this problem...

Dont be so pathetic Diego red is the second colour on our crest and therefore our second colour.

The colour of Uniteds Soxx and Taggarts nose is irrelevant.....never stopped Liverpool did it??

Blue is our first colour - our second colour is white. The red in the badge is brilliant. The red and blue hooped shirt was not a best seller.

Statistics show that clubs which play in red are more successful than other colours.

Blue is our first colour - our second colour is white. The red in the badge is brilliant. The red and blue hooped shirt was not a best seller.

Statistics show that clubs which play in red are more successful than other colours.

Remind me again of our away shirt colours between 87-94???? Yep Red, just a happy coincidence that this period was our most successful ever?

Fine make it a white and red retro adidas away strip then. I'l bow to your experience.....but either way red has an association with the club, particularly the glory days.

Remind me again of our away shirt colours between 87-94???? Yep Red, just a happy coincidence that this period was our most successful ever?

My formative years as a Latic (I was led up the garden path then a little there then!) and probably why I consider red our natural change strip.....was cool having identical (or just near identical?) home and away shirts just in different colours! Id love one of those red ones. There was one on ebay not so long ago without any sponsor on it.....cool as a cucumber that. Was too small for me though. :disappointed:

Are 'medium' men larger now than they were in 1990?!?

Peterborough - Adidas

Mk Dons - Nike

Macclesfield - Adidas

Hereford - Nike

If the above clubs can do it surely we can get a proper sports manufacturer to make our kits.

If its putting people off buying shirts then the deal they are getting with carlotti is irrelevant!! IMO bin carlotti for next years home kit and fade them out.. This kit is very poor quality and not fair on the fans who buy them or would like to buy the replica top!

Wonder if the club would let us poll for the next kit supplier!

Don't want to be a bore but I have explained that Nike only supply kit to lower league clubs when they are allowed to take a cut from all merchandising. It doesn't make financial sense for Latics! I have been told that this is also the case with Adidas.

And the deal with Carlotti isn't irrelevant. The quality is acceptable to Championship, League 1. League 2 and non-league clubs. The club make money. I would hazard a guess that it isn't the manufacturer that is the decisive factor in shirt purchasing - how about how well the team is doing?

Don't want to be a bore but I have explained that Nike only supply kit to lower league clubs when they are allowed to take a cut from all merchandising. It doesn't make financial sense for Latics! I have been told that this is also the case with Adidas.

And the deal with Carlotti isn't irrelevant. The quality is acceptable to Championship, League 1. League 2 and non-league clubs. The club make money. I would hazard a guess that it isn't the manufacturer that is the decisive factor in shirt purchasing - how about how well the team is doing?

You could say that about any Kit supplier surely the more kits latics sell the more money carlotti get - (Because the more we sell the more we buy off carlott)

The new kit is very poor in quality - which im sure isnt doint latics bank account much good... Maybe from a financial point of view we do need to stick with carlotti in which case our club should be putting a big boot up their yaris and telling them to stop selling us shoddy tops!!

How can you say that because we are in league 1 we should accept a poor quality shirt... and will only get decent one when we are in the premier league! The price should reflect quality and that alone! A £40 premier league shirt should be made with the same quality as a £40 Championship, league1, league 2 or conference replica shirt!

I'd hazard a guess at there being far greater margins by using the far east sweatshops.

I think that could be the nail on the head there :lol: I seem to recall that there was a successful textile industry in Oldham once, but it must have become uneconomical or something

How can you say that because we are in league 1 we should accept a poor quality shirt... and will only get decent one when we are in the premier league! The price should reflect quality and that alone! A £40 premier league shirt should be made with the same quality as a £40 Championship, league1, league 2 or conference replica shirt!

Well, I didn't say that. In the opinion of a few, the quality is poor. In the opinion of others - including the players I am very reliably informed - it isn't.

I'm not aware of a groundswell of opinion amongst supporters of other Carlotti clubs about poor quality. Crikey I bet Doncaster sold a good few!!

:D I like the shirt. All the united scum at ma school all keep saying that it is horrible , but I know that they are just scared that another team has the same away shirt as chelsea used to have. AND UNITED SCUM ARE SCARED OF CHEALSEA BECAUSE THEY SO NERALY TOOK THEIR PRECIOUS 'CHAMPIONS LEAGUE' TROPHY OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: Edited by OAFCryan

Once again my extremly popular Latics video gives you an insight to the new 08/09 season away kit.

You Tube isn't working for me. Every time I try to watch a video I get the message, "We're sorry, this video is no longer available." Does anyone know why this might be and what I can do to be able to put this right?

Thanks.

I'd hazard a guess at there being far greater margins by using the far east sweatshops.

well that i already knew,but who's to gain from this greater profit margin?

latics or carlotti?

if latics seeked out a local company,they can cut out the middle man(carlotti) have more overall control on quality,design etc,and enjoy a better profit margin themselves.

dare i say,they could even sell them cheaper.

well that i already knew,but who's to gain from this greater profit margin?

latics or carlotti?

if latics seeked out a local company,they can cut out the middle man(carlotti) have more overall control on quality,design etc,and enjoy a better profit margin themselves.

dare i say,they could even sell them cheaper.

I suppose it would keep the children of poor families off the streets. Come to think of it, my chimney could do with sweeping as well.

PS, don't even go there about the last bit, Exile :wink:

The kit and colour looks quality in the shop, but- all of them (What was left at 5 tonight, and maybe they will recall the rest of them? )have to be sent back because of the material they have used in the 'HILLSTONE DEVELOPMENTS' bit on the front, it runs in the wash the lady in the shop said. Poor material selection from Carlotti, nothing to do with the Mighty Latics. I'm just wondering when I'll get my shirt now! :grin:

Id love one of those red ones. There was one on ebay not so long ago without any sponsor on it.....cool as a cucumber that. Was too small for me though. :disappointed:

Are 'medium' men larger now than they were in 1990?!?

Mine still fits :tongue: