Got Your Chelsea Shirt?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The effects of having a father so tight he fitted you out in adult kit when you were in the pram, saying you would grow into it, and then feeding you on Marmite.

It's the growing-up spread you never grow out of.

Edited by oafc_ok

The effects of having a father so tight he fitted you out in adult kit when you were in the pram, saying you would grow into it, and then feeding you on Marmite.

My youthful good looks have obviously lead you to believe I was still in the pram in 1990, an easy mistake to make, I must admit. :D

Guest oa_exile
I suppose it would keep the children of poor families off the streets. Come to think of it, my chimney could do with sweeping as well.

PS, don't even go there about the last bit, Exile :wink:

*Cough* :lipsrsealed2: (part 1)

Don't want to be a bore but I have explained that Nike only supply kit to lower league clubs when they are allowed to take a cut from all merchandising. It doesn't make financial sense for Latics! I have been told that this is also the case with Adidas.

And the deal with Carlotti isn't irrelevant. The quality is acceptable to Championship, League 1. League 2 and non-league clubs. The club make money. I would hazard a guess that it isn't the manufacturer that is the decisive factor in shirt purchasing - how about how well the team is doing?

What sort of percentage are we talking here? How many shirts on average do we sell every year? 3-5K? Is the margin that important that we have to sacrifice the quality?

Given the status of the latest shirt release, I'd say the club has to seriously consider going back to a kit manufacturuer with a good manufacturing reputation.

Edited by 3 Lions