turkey v w.germany

i think there will be a big shock in store for the german's on wednesday night , turkey will be no push over ,and if they (turkey) can get a early goal ,i think they will go all the way to the final...[turkey v w germany

I tipped the Germans at the start and i just cant see the Turks with the prolific Kazim Richards doing a job on them.

Spain will give it a good go in the final but the germans will be eventual winners on pens.

I tipped the Germans at the start and i just cant see the Turks with the prolific Kazim Richards doing a job on them.

Spain will give it a good go in the final but the germans will be eventual winners on pens.

I don't see them winning it but I said (perhaps unfashionably) that I was backing the Turks after that amazing comeback against the Czechs. It was just what you want from a team of limited ability, they fought and fought, never let their heads go down and played for each other.

on the other hand i also tipped Luca Toni from Italy to be top goalscorer so what do i know :angry:

Turkey face the prospect of having just 13 outfield players available against Germany. Russia to beat Spain and play Germany in the Final.

Yeah.. the germans will walk this one... its Turkey B...

... also, just to mention - after going to berlin recently I can confirm the wall is still down, and it is no longer w.germany! :blink:

Guest oa_exile
... also, just to mention - after going to berlin recently I can confirm the wall is still down, and it is no longer w.germany! :blink:

Yeh , keep up Bob :lol:

They've been underestimated in every game and look what they've done. It's silly to carry on underestimating them. Limited squad or not.

Think the German's will win but not comfortably. Though I wouldnt say no to a Podolski hattrick. I dont really like either country so whoever goes through i'm not too fussed. I'll just be hoping they get beat in the final.

2-1 Germany

I don't see them winning it but I said (perhaps unfashionably) that I was backing the Turks after that amazing comeback against the Czechs. It was just what you want from a team of limited ability, they fought and fought, never let their heads go down and played for each other.

Yeah, but they're still Turkish.

Yeah, but they're still Turkish.

I like the Turks. I moved to Dalston recently, where they make cracking kebabs, so I've been going for them since the outset. The close up cameras and what not have really shown us what the Turkish game is all about, which is a bit of ability, a never-say-die attitude, and constant, stylish fouling (that's not the shirt they're pulling at corners, it's the armpit hair). It's one way to play the game, and not many teams in world football can do it.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

I like the Turks. I moved to Dalston recently, where they make cracking kebabs, so I've been going for them since the outset. The close up cameras and what not have really shown us what the Turkish game is all about, which is a bit of ability, a never-say-die attitude, and constant, stylish fouling (that's not the shirt their pulling at corners, its the armpit hair). It's one way to play the game, and not many teams in world football can do it.

I'm sure they do make great kebabs.

I just detest the amount of violence their fans get away with and how we always get punished because of our reputation.

turkey are all over the german's tonight ,and going 1up after 22 mins ,but 4 mins later ,a great goal by Schweinsteiger making it 1-1 ,but Lehmann is not really doing his job ,which the turks have taken to their advantage, second half should be great to watch , with turkey winning it 2-1 ,and a geman player getting sent off .

Edited by boboafc

The Turkish squad are very much like the Greeks last time (which they would appreciate no doubt). They are like the English squad in a mirror. No Billy Big Bollocks players, they all work hard, they do their job and stick to it and they all have that, "moral courage," where they will always make themselves available for the ball to help a mate out, even if they are in a tight spot themselves.

PMSL! I gave Bob the benefit and assumed he was referring to w*nkers germany... :grin:

Big up the Turks. Once again, they were the only team tring to play football. They got away with that blatant pen, but the ref was extremely lenient throughout the game on the Kraut for dozens of cynical fouls which he committed because he just couldn't handle people passing and running near him. I wish England had central midfielders who were able to receive the ball under pressure as well as the clumsiest Turkish player could tonight, and that was with half a squad out.

As for Germany, God they were poor. Their CBs look like something out of one of those 1950s animated films, Jason and the Argonauts or something like that. It's a tournament where the worse teams have done well and the better teams haven't, IMO