Could This Be Us

Cheltenham have confirmed that a substantial bid for striker Steve Gillespie from an unnamed club has been rejected. (skysports)

looked good at BP!!!!

I liked the look of that fella. Dont think he is limited to playing upfront either. Could certainly play as a winger.

However not sure he would be worth a 'substantial' bid, out of our budget anyway.

Most over rated striker ive ever heard talked about on this board. He was average in a crap side at BP. Bit of pace and no first touch.

I remember you saying this when he was mentioned after the game. As I said then being average in a crap side normally equates to being good in a better side.

If you meant he was one of their average players amongst their team then you are just mistaken. He's a good player.

I think Sheridan is willing to take anyone (or so it seems). Sounds like if there's no fee, they're coming in to BP.

A thoroughly brilliant and insightful comment on our transfer policy. Especially seeing all the people we have signed appear to be players we have tracked for quite some time. Yes. Definitely on a whim and without preparation. Taking anyone - the scottish U21 international keeper, capatain of Man U reserves, a player we tried to sign last season, and 2 players with great potential we have been tacking for months - both of whom cost/will cost some cash. Anyone for free?... yes, well done. Thanks for that.

Edited by BigfinLatic

I think Sheridan is willing to take anyone (or so it seems). Sounds like if there's no fee, they're coming in to BP.

:huh:

The players we've signed weren't free players. They had a club, and considering we're now allowed to approach players who still have clubs, yet aren't under contract, it's called quick and good business to most of us. All the players we've brought in, barring Kieren Lee, were still wanted by their then current sides.

However, I've just read BBC's site, and it says the club were set to break their League One transfer fee record. What is ours? I don't think it was us, either way. Shame, because 16 goals at a side who were woeful last season is very impressive, and still only 23.

However, I've just read BBC's site, and it says the club were set to break their League One transfer fee record. What is ours? I don't think it was us, either way. Shame, because 16 goals at a side who were woeful last season is very impressive, and still only 23.

Wouldn't it be something like £250k for that lazy cry-baby "oh I felt a twinge," illiterate :censored: Killen? It will be a long while before we pay that for a player again

Wouldn't it be something like £250k for that lazy cry-baby "oh I felt a twinge," illiterate :censored: Killen? It will be a long while before we pay that for a player again

What did Killen go for in the end? It was about £200k with some add ons, but I thought City waived them when we were in the bobbin's. That'd make Clint Hill at £250k more (and Allan Smart at a laughable £225K).