Win MONEY with Latics

The Club have now taken control of the Lotto again and they need you to get involved.

The club are hoping to get 2000 member of the Lotto by Oct and that mean they need another 800 subscribers and it couldn't be more easy to to do.

The Big Blue Lotto - Further details

You can download an Application form Application form and Bank standing order details

For just over £4 a month you could win uptpo £1500 a draw or other spot prizes.

More details to follow.

Mrs. Sideburns joined the Lottery some years ago, only to find that her membership details were in the name of Stockport County. Each time she has queried this with Latics, she has been told that they get a percentage, which is better than nothing, and to hang on in there as the new lottery will benefit Latics and no other clubs.

Then the new Lottery was launched some months ago, and when she queried, she was told she need do nothing as her membership would automatically come to Latics. She still continued to see her payments going to Stockport and she even had correspondence from Buxton Opera House referring to her membership of their lottery. This was the final straw, so she cancelled her bank standing order and ceased membership of the lottery.

She would love to donate to Latics for youth/ground development purposes, but as the form on the link says that the new lottery is with Stockport and Macclesfield, she will not touch it with a barge pole.

Are those explanatory details on the link up to date, as the copyright symbol at the bottom is date 2004?

Are those explanatory details on the link up to date, as the copyright symbol at the bottom is date 2004?

I can answer my own question, because having looked at the prizes section of the information on the link, it refers to the period from May to October 2004.So when it says that our lottery is losing money and therefore we're joining with Stockport and Macclesfield, that was the position in 2004 - totally misleading about the situation NOW! :angry:

To encourage people to join, new up to date information should be published, to clarify whether any other bodies are to benefit apart from Latics.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

You're right Diego. Confusion and mixed messages aren't helpful!

However I'm confident that the Lotto now is Latics alone having received a wadge of information when I signed up a couple of months ago.

For anyone who wants clarity then Franny Ward is responsible for administering the new scheme and can be contacted at the club.

Go, on get signed up everybody! Supporting Latics is a lottery at all times!

Guest oa_exile

So basically Mrs Sideburns WAS a closet :ph34r: Stockport County fan ? :blink: and her donations went to securing the services of Gareth Owen ? :shock:

its been free from stockport et al for about a year now.

i re-joined then when it was announced.

very old news this!

I re-joined as well but it was not trouble free. I had to make several requests to chase my application, lots of dubious excuses - it all seems to be a bit of a muddle. But I have my card now (duplicated recently) but notice that the big prizes seem to have gone to big names. I do hope that it is not another example of the 1960's when the Christmas Hamper was always won in-house!

Guest oa_exile
I re-joined as well but it was not trouble free. I had to make several requests to chase my application, lots of dubious excuses - it all seems to be a bit of a muddle. But I have my card now (duplicated recently) but notice that the big prizes seem to have gone to big names. I do hope that it is not another example of the 1960's when the Christmas Hamper was always won in-house!

Which big names ? :shock: name and shame Alec ^_^

its been free from stockport et al for about a year now.

i re-joined then when it was announced.

very old news this!

The trouble is Johnny that old news is very misleading. We're being asked to join, but the information which we're asked to read says the money is being shared with Stockport and Macclesfield, which is untrue.

So basically Mrs Sideburns WAS a closet :ph34r: Stockport County fan ? :blink: and her donations went to securing the services of Gareth Owen ? :shock:

Don't even joke about it - she was always unhappy about Stockport's involvement, but was told repeatedly that it was better for Latics to get a percentage than nothing at all. Being asked to read 2004 information which is no longer applicable adds insult to her long-running injury! :angry:

The trouble is Johnny that old news is very misleading. We're being asked to join, but the information which we're asked to read says the money is being shared with Stockport and Macclesfield, which is untrue.

the only reason i re-joined some 10 months or whatever ago was because i received a letter from latics stating that they were now independent of the other clubs involvement and all profits stayed at latics.

i'm not sure what info you're reading,but that was the ONLY reason .

i dumped it when they merged with stockport/macc.

if i remember right,when i re-applied,the DD instructions was sent to an address in stockport.

when i noticed nothing was being taken out of my bankafter a few months,i assummed there was a problem and contacted the latics. franny sent back my original DD instructions with a letter saying the stockport address had been hoarding these since the new announcment and after other latics fans had queried this,he found out what was going on.

i think the inital problem was caused by this and it sounded like someone at stockport county had thrown their dummy out and hoarded the new influx of latics applications when the separation was announced.

You're getting mixed up.

so what is it that latics are involved in towards raising funds there? :unsure:

from latics site..

"A percentage of the takings is already paid to the club's youth development department, and Lottery Manager Franny Ward has set up a Community Fund."

i'm sure i read somewhere that dr kershaw's had benefited from this...

Edited by johnny punkster

Guest oa_exile
so what is it that latics are involved in towards raising funds there? :unsure:

OLDHAM ATHLETIC OFFICIAL CLUB STATEMENT

Since the launch of the Big Blue Lotto back in May this year, it has been losing a significant amount of money each week and this could not continue to happen.

Therefore the club has decided to join forces with the Cash Bonanza, a weekly draw involving a few local clubs including Macclesfield Town and Stockport County.

This means that the club immediately starts to earn money retaining 60% of the weekly subscriptions collected with the other 40% going towards the prize fund of £1000 plus a weekly jackpot accumulator, which could be as high as £1500.

Christine O'Brien, the Fundraising Manager said, "The membership of Big Blue Lotto has failed to reach a level whereby the club was able to make a profit to plough back into the club to help develop young players. In fact it has been a drain on the club's resources. Basically members were paying £1 a week and the club was not benefiting in any way. By joining forces with Cash Bonanza we immediately start to earn money, which will go towards ground development and youth development which in turn helps to release resources to go towards the financing of loan players for the First Team. Members will also benefit from a bigger prize fund".

Christine added, "I am sure our Big Blue Lotto members would rather see 60% of their weekly subscription coming directly to the club rather than being wasted and I will be writing to all members explaining the new arrangements fully in the very near future".

the only reason i re-joined some 10 months or whatever ago was because i received a letter from latics stating that they were now independent of the other clubs involvement and all profits stayed at latics.

i'm not sure what info you're reading,but that was the ONLY reason .

i dumped it when they merged with stockport/macc.

if i remember right,when i re-applied,the DD instructions was sent to an address in stockport.

when i noticed nothing was being taken out of my bankafter a few months,i assummed there was a problem and contacted the latics. franny sent back my original DD instructions with a letter saying the stockport address had been hoarding these since the new announcment and after other latics fans had queried this,he found out what was going on.

i think the inital problem was caused by this and it sounded like someone at stockport county had thrown their dummy out and hoarded the new influx of latics applications when the separation was announced.

The information I'm reading is that on the link in the opening post on this thread, but it is out of date 2004 information.

Dr. Kershaw's was the beneficiary under the old Ltics Lottery before Stockport became involved.

1344938745_d644f8f689.jpg

I've checked on the fishal site archive and there is a Community Fund associated with the new lottery.

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1233566,00.html

It says existing members don't have to make any changes, but as I keep saying, the money kept going to Stockport (and Buxton Opera House), so Mrs. S. cancelled the whole thing.

Guest oa_exile
see posting above yours....

Think that is what is throwing me Johnny , I have only seen the link that Richie initially posted and cannot see anything on the OS about it :blink:

Can you post up the link that you are referring to :)

OLDHAM ATHLETIC OFFICIAL CLUB STATEMENT

Since the launch of the Big Blue Lotto back in May this year, it has been losing a significant amount of money each week and this could not continue to happen.

Therefore the club has decided to join forces with the Cash Bonanza, a weekly draw involving a few local clubs including Macclesfield Town and Stockport County.

This means that the club immediately starts to earn money retaining 60% of the weekly subscriptions collected with the other 40% going towards the prize fund of £1000 plus a weekly jackpot accumulator, which could be as high as £1500.

Christine O'Brien, the Fundraising Manager said, "The membership of Big Blue Lotto has failed to reach a level whereby the club was able to make a profit to plough back into the club to help develop young players. In fact it has been a drain on the club's resources. Basically members were paying £1 a week and the club was not benefiting in any way. By joining forces with Cash Bonanza we immediately start to earn money, which will go towards ground development and youth development which in turn helps to release resources to go towards the financing of loan players for the First Team. Members will also benefit from a bigger prize fund".

Christine added, "I am sure our Big Blue Lotto members would rather see 60% of their weekly subscription coming directly to the club rather than being wasted and I will be writing to all members explaining the new arrangements fully in the very near future".

If you study the list of winners with this statement you'll see that it relates to the situation in October 2004 - not the new Latics Lottery launched recently.