Pass a bit of time!

The missing words are all names of English and Scottish League Football teams....

The Sun shone (1)______ the day we set sail for Hong Kong and the (2) ______ aboard an ancient wooden ship, which had a (3)_____ riddled with holes. The (4) _____ was made up of Scots, Welshman and others of the (5)_____ race. The cabin boy was a pleasant lad and one of his duties was to (6)______ the boiler. He won our (7)_____ by practising his (8)_____ all alone, as if sent to (9)______. On the hole the (10)_____ was good for the family and did my (11)______, as she had not had a holiday (12)______too long. At last we docked in the (13) _______ and a fishing boat took us ashore. Without further delay we were taken to the (14)______ which was the residence of the Eastern Monarchy. After travelling download the (15)______ greeted us with a friendly (16)_____, as was the custom, and immediately took us to a (17)_______ which had just been built. On the way we went through the (18)______ which was looked after by (19)_______ dressed in (20) _____ green. Their job was to keep the fierce (21)______ under control, and were paid in (22)________ for doing so,which they used to (23)______ for safe keeping. All was not well in the land and we did notice an old factory through a (24)_______ the (25)______. Later we returned to the ship to have tea, (26)______ cake, (27)_____ buns, and some (28)______, which was well past its sell by date.

Edited by Davros

The missing words are all names of English and Scottish League Football teams....

The Sun shone (1)______ the day we set sail for Hong Kong and the (2) ______ aboard an ancient wooden ship, which had a (3)_____ riddled with holes. The (4) _____ was made up of Scots, Welshman and others of the (5)_____ race. The cabin boy was a pleasant lad and one of his duties was to (6)______ the boiler. He won our (7)_____ by practising his (8)_____ all alone, as if sent to (9)______. On the hole the (10)_____ was good for the family and did my (11)______, as she had not had a holiday (12)______too long. At last we docked in the (13) _______ and a fishing boat took us ashore. Without further delay we were taken to the (14)______ which was the residence of the Eastern Monarchy. After travelling download the (15)______ greeted us with a friendly (16)_____, as was the custom, and immediately took us to a (17)_______ which had just been built. On the way we went through the (18)______ which was looked after by (19)_______ dressed in (20) _____ green. Their job was to keep the fierce (21)______ under control, and were paid in (22)________ for doing so,which they used to (23)______ for safe keeping. All was not well in the land and we did notice an old factory through a (24)_______ the (25)______. Later we returned to the ship to have tea, (26)______ cake, (27)_____ buns, and some (28)______, which was well past its sell by date.

The Sun shone (1)BRIGHTON the day we set sail for Hong Kong and the (2) ______ aboard an ancient wooden ship, which had a (3)HULL riddled with holes. The (4) CREWE was made up of Scots, Welshman and others of the (5)_____ race. The cabin boy was a pleasant lad and one of his duties was to (6)STOKE the boiler. He won our (7)HEARTS by practising his (8)_____ all alone, as if sent to (9)COVENTRY. On the hole the (10)AYR was good for the family and did my (11)MOTHERWELL, as she had not had a holiday (12)FORFAR too long. At last we docked in the (13)PORTSMOUTH and a fishing boat took us ashore. Without further delay we were taken to the (14)CRYSTAL PALACE which was the residence of the Eastern Monarchy. After travelling download the (15)QUEEN OF THE SOUTH greeted us with a friendly (16)ALLOA, as was the custom, and immediately took us to a (17)NEWCASTLE which had just been built. On the way we went through the (18)QUEENS PARK which was looked after by (19)_______ dressed in (20) _____ green. Their job was to keep the fierce (21)______ under control, and were paid in (22)STIRLING for doing so,which they used to (23)BURY for safe keeping. All was not well in the land and we did notice an old factory through a (24)_______ the (25)______. Later we returned to the ship to have tea, (26)______ cake, (27)CHELSEA buns, and some (28)OLDHAM, which was well past its sell by date.

Thats all i can get, not too sure about some though. How did i do??

Edited by LaticsChris

The Sun shone (1)BRIGHTON the day we set sail for Hong Kong and the (2) ______ aboard an ancient wooden ship, which had a (3)HULL riddled with holes. The (4) CREWE was made up of Scots, Welshman and others of the (5)_____ race. The cabin boy was a pleasant lad and one of his duties was to (6)STOKE the boiler. He won our (7)HEARTS by practising his (8)_____ all alone, as if sent to (9)COVENTRY. On the hole the (10)AYR was good for the family and did my (11)MOTHERWELL, as she had not had a holiday (12)FORFAR too long. At last we docked in the (13)PORTSMOUTH and a fishing boat took us ashore. Without further delay we were taken to the (14)CRYSTAL PALACE which was the residence of the Eastern Monarchy. After travelling download the (15)QUEEN OF THE SOUTH greeted us with a friendly (16)ALLOA, as was the custom, and immediately took us to a (17)NEWCASTLE which had just been built. On the way we went through the (18)QUEENS PARK which was looked after by (19)_______ dressed in (20) _____ green. Their job was to keep the fierce (21)______ under control, and were paid in (22)STIRLING for doing so,which they used to (23)BURY for safe keeping. All was not well in the land and we did notice an old factory through a (24)_______ the (25)______. Later we returned to the ship to have tea, (26)______ cake, (27)CHELSEA buns, and some (28)OLDHAM, which was well past its sell by date.

8=READING

2=ORIENT?

The Sun shone (1)BRIGHTON the day we set sail for Hong Kong and the (2) ______ aboard an ancient wooden ship, which had a (3)HULL riddled with holes. The (4) CREWE was made up of Scots, Welshman and others of the (5)_____ race. The cabin boy was a pleasant lad and one of his duties was to (6)STOKE the boiler. He won our (7)HEARTS by practising his (8)READING all alone, as if sent to (9)COVENTRY. On the hole the (10)AYR was good for the family and did my (11)MOTHERWELL, as she had not had a holiday (12)FORFAR too long. At last we docked in the (13)PORTSMOUTH and a fishing boat took us ashore. Without further delay we were taken to the (14)CRYSTAL PALACE which was the residence of the Eastern Monarchy. After travelling download the (15)QUEEN OF THE SOUTH greeted us with a friendly (16)ALLOA, as was the custom, and immediately took us to a (17)NEWCASTLE which had just been built. On the way we went through the (18)QUEENS PARK which was looked after by (19)QUEENS PARK RANGERS dressed in (20) _____ green. Their job was to keep the fierce (21)WOLVES under control, and were paid in (22)STIRLING for doing so,which they used to (23)BURY for safe keeping. All was not well in the land and we did notice an old factory through a (24)_______ the (25)______. Later we returned to the ship to have tea, (26)______ cake, (27)CHELSEA buns, and some (28)OLDHAM, which was well past its sell by date.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

5=CELTIC

The Sun shone (1)BRIGHTON the day we set sail for Hong Kong and the (2) ______ aboard an ancient wooden ship, which had a (3)HULL riddled with holes. The (4) CREWE was made up of Scots, Welshman and others of the (5)CELTIC race. The cabin boy was a pleasant lad and one of his duties was to (6)STOKE the boiler. He won our (7)HEARTS by practising his (8) READING all alone, as if sent to (9)COVENTRY. On the hole the (10)AYR was good for the family and did my (11)MOTHERWELL, as she had not had a holiday (12)FORFAR too long. At last we docked in the (13)PORTSMOUTH and a fishing boat took us ashore. Without further delay we were taken to the (14)CRYSTAL PALACE which was the residence of the Eastern Monarchy. After travelling download the (15)QUEEN OF THE SOUTH greeted us with a friendly (16)ALLOA, as was the custom, and immediately took us to a (17)NEWCASTLE which had just been built. On the way we went through the (18)QUEENS PARK which was looked after by (19) RANGERS dressed in (20) LINCOLN green. Their job was to keep the fierce (21)______ under control, and were paid in (22)STIRLING for doing so,which they used to (23)BURY for safe keeping. All was not well in the land and we did notice an old factory through a (24)_______ the (25)______. Later we returned to the ship to have tea, (26)______ cake, (27)CHELSEA buns, and some (28)OLDHAM, which was well past its sell by date.

The Sun shone (1)BRIGHTON the day we set sail for Hong Kong and the (2) ORIENT aboard an ancient wooden ship, which had a (3)HULL riddled with holes. The (4) CREWE was made up of Scots, Welshman and others of the (5)CELTIC race. The cabin boy was a pleasant lad and one of his duties was to (6)STOKE the boiler. He won our (7)HEARTS by practising his (8) READING all alone, as if sent to (9)COVENTRY. On the hole the (10)AYR was good for the family and did my (11)MOTHERWELL, as she had not had a holiday (12)FORFAR too long. At last we docked in the (13)PORTSMOUTH and a fishing boat took us ashore. Without further delay we were taken to the (14)CRYSTAL PALACE which was the residence of the Eastern Monarchy. After travelling download the (15)QUEEN OF THE SOUTH greeted us with a friendly (16)ALLOA, as was the custom, and immediately took us to a (17)NEWCASTLE which had just been built. On the way we went through the (18)QUEENS PARK which was looked after by (19) RANGERS dressed in (20) LINCOLN green. Their job was to keep the fierce (21)WOLVES [/color=#FF0000] under control, and were paid in (22)STIRLING for doing so,which they used to (23)BURY for safe keeping. All was not well in the land and we did notice an old factory through a (24)_______ the (25)______. Later we returned to the ship to have tea, (26)DUNDEE cake, (27)CHELSEA buns, and some (28)OLDHAM, which was well past its sell by date.

I know my cakes :grin:

Although apparently not my code thingies. Doh.

Edited by maddog

The Sun shone (1)BRIGHTON the day we set sail for Hong Kong and the (2) ORIENT aboard an ancient wooden ship, which had a (3)HULL riddled with holes. The (4) CREWE was made up of Scots, Welshman and others of the (5)CELTIC race. The cabin boy was a pleasant lad and one of his duties was to (6)STOKE the boiler. He won our (7)HEARTS by practising his (8) READING all alone, as if sent to (9)COVENTRY. On the hole the (10)AYR was good for the family and did my (11)MOTHERWELL, as she had not had a holiday (12)FORFAR too long. At last we docked in the (13)PORTSMOUTH and a fishing boat took us ashore. Without further delay we were taken to the (14)CRYSTAL PALACE which was the residence of the Eastern Monarchy. After travelling download the (15)QUEEN OF THE SOUTH greeted us with a friendly (16)ALLOA, as was the custom, and immediately took us to a (17)NEWCASTLE which had just been built. On the way we went through the (18)QUEENS PARK which was looked after by (19) RANGERS dressed in (20) LINCOLN green. Their job was to keep the fierce (21) WOLVES under control, and were paid in (22)STIRLING for doing so,which they used to (23)BURY for safe keeping. All was not well in the land and we did notice an old factory through a (24)_______ the (25) MILL WALL. Later we returned to the ship to have tea, (26) DUNDEEcake, (27)CHELSEA buns, and some (28)OLDHAM, which was well past its sell by date.

25) Nottingham Forest?

The Sun shone (1)_brighton the day we set sail for Hong Kong and the (2) orient aboard an ancient wooden ship, which had a (3)__Hull riddled with holes. The (4) crewe __ was made up of Scots, Welshman and others of the (5)__Celtic___ race. The cabin boy was a pleasant lad and one of his duties was to (6)____stoke__ the boiler. He won our (7)__hearts___ by practising his (8)__reading___ all alone, as if sent to (9)___coventry___. On the hole the (10)__ayr___ was good for the family and did my (11)_motherwell_____, as she had not had a holiday (12)_forfar___too long. At last we docked in the (13) __portsmouth_____ and a fishing boat took us ashore. Without further delay we were taken to the (14)palace______ which was the residence of the Eastern Monarchy. After travelling download the (15)_Queen of the south_ greeted us with a friendly (16)_alloa____, as was the custom, and immediately took us to a (17)_newcastle______ which had just been built. On the way we went through the (18)__queens park____ which was looked after by (19)Queens park rangers_______ dressed in (20) lincon_____ green. Their job was to keep the fierce (21)_wolves_____ under control, and were paid in (22)___stirling_____ for doing so,which they used to (23)____bury__ for safe keeping. All was not well in the land and we did notice an old factory through a (24)_brechin______ the (25)__ Millwall____. Later we returned to the ship to have tea, (26)_dundee_____ cake, (27)_chelsea____ buns, and some (28)oldham_, which was well past its sell by date.

and I didn't look at any of the above