New away Shirt

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info, I ordered one yesterday over the phone to be shipped to me here in Munich. I'll give them a bell, I dont want to receive a duff one.

EDIT: Just called them, they've put my order on hold until new stock comes in. They emailed me this morning, but seeing as my email has been down all day, I havent seen that yet.

Edited by 3 Lions

Just telephoned the club shop to check that the new away shirt was still in stock. I was informed that it has been withdrawn as there is a design fault and was told to try again in 2 or 3 weeks.

Do you know what the fault is?? Iv bought one i know its very crapily made!

Edited by Davros

Its absolutely pathetic. The club need to get their act together.

Should this recall be posted on the fishul site to warn fans who have already bought it???? What is the fault?? The only ones i can are that its total garbage quality... it does look like it will run in the wash to a monkey sick fluo grey is this the reason??

Couldn't agree more. Its bad enough that due to a commercial deal away shirts are changed every year (don't give me the 3rd kit nonsense if you 'fix' a poll so we have kits like this one the third kit is never going to get used). They very rarely have any of the more common sizes in (you can end up waiting til November to get a large shirt by which time the shirt is already only 6 months away from being out of date). I know its not the clubs fault that we are currently sponsored by a company in financial difficulty but it doesn't help. But for on the first week the new shirt goes on sale for so many of them to be withdrawn due to a fault is appalling. Sometimes i wonder if Oldham would be better run by someone who couldn't run a piss-up in brewery.

you mean carlotti should get their act together?? <_<

they made them.

latics sell them....or withdraw them due to crap workmanship.

carlotti shouldn't have sent them to latics in the first place.

and,i'm sure this isn't the first time latics have had to send a large delivery back to them due to lousy quality.

Not as if Barry Owen and Alan Hardy were up half the night stitching them is it? The problem lies with Carlotti, the same issue happened with the "Ice White" one, they are the ones who can't arrange a booze up in a brewery. Yes the club signed the deal with them to make the kits but after cocking two of them up I can't see them having the contract renewed.

you mean carlotti should get their act together?? <_<

they made them.

latics sell them....or withdraw them due to crap workmanship.

carlotti shouldn't have sent them to latics in the first place.

and,i'm sure this isn't the first time latics have had to send a large delivery back to them due to lousy quality.

This isnt the first time....exactly right so should the club now do something about it or will we have to look forward to another duff kit next year...

THE OFFICIAL LINE FROM THE BIRD IN THE CLUB SHOP IS!!!!

Basically they Hillstone Developments Logo runs in the wash and turns the shirt a Fluo Greeny,Gray and Yellow color!

Edited by Davros

This isnt the first time....exactly right so should the club now do something about it or will we have to look forward to another duff kit next year...

er...unfortunatly,latics have a contract with carlotti.

when it expires, i'm sure all this will be remembered when carlotti try for a new contract.

Its bad enough that due to a commercial deal away shirts are changed every year

Every club in the country (world) does the same thing live with it!!

don't give me the 3rd kit nonsense if you 'fix' a poll so we have kits like this one the third kit is never going to get used

evidence??? AH as clealry said this was the actually winner. Put up or shut up

very rarely have any of the more common sizes in (you can end up waiting til November to get a large shirt by which time the shirt is already only 6 months away from being out of date).

They give you a pre-order option, we are not a Man utd of this world that can affoard to have loads of stock in the club shop and Carlotti are not going to make 1000's not knowing what demand will be like or what size the people who are buying them will get.

They I know its not the clubs fault that we are currently sponsored by a company in financial difficulty but it doesn't help

Help what and what as this got to do with anything???

for on the first week the new shirt goes on sale for so many of them to be withdrawn due to a fault is appalling. .

already been said many did not actually go on the shelves so they did (what they had time ti actually do as the product arrived in the club shop the day before) a quality control check, the club advertised the 'on-sale' date and so had to roll with it. So if they said 'actually its put back four weeks idiots still would have said Sometimes i wonder if Oldham would be better run by someone who couldn't run a piss-up in brewery

i agree, its not the clubs fault..its carlotti who have to be blamed.....it happened last year, there was a faulty batch with the current home shirt when it first came out, i went through 3 shirts before i got one that was satisfactory, and that was after a 3 week wait!

THE OFFICIAL LINE FROM THE BIRD IN THE CLUB SHOP IS!!!!

Basically they Hillstone Developments Logo runs in the wash and turns the shirt a Fluo Greeny,Gray and Yellow color!

I'm actually more shocked that someone has actually washed thier shirt already!

Bloomin eck, mine gets washed about once a season.... and that is only if the Mrs spots it lying around somewhere.... (I do have 3 of the damn home shirts though!)

Dont wash them = no problems! 'appy days!

Bloomin eck, mine gets washed about once a season.... and that is only if the Mrs spots it lying around somewhere.... (I do have 3 of the damn home shirts though!)

Umm didnt think of that - the who has actually washed them bit anyway! Iv told them il swap mine when the new ones come in all i gotta do is keep it clean! :-)

It happened the other year but the other way round. The navy ran into the white hillstone logo and made it blue as well.

Carlotti is pretty poor stuff.

Guest M_OAFC
i'm sure all this will be remembered when carlotti try for a new contract.

Yeah bring back Spall I say. I haven't had a replica shirt of any description since they were making them and my 1986/87 season home shirt still looks as good as new and I've grown about 4 feet since then. Fair enough it scarcely fits over my finger let alone my shoulders but it was big enough to be a dress when purchased and that JW Lees logo doesn't run in the wash. They don't make 'em like they used to.

Yeah bring back Spall I say. I haven't had a replica shirt of any description since they were making them and my 1986/87 season home shirt still looks as good as new and I've grown about 4 feet since then. Fair enough it scarcely fits over my finger let alone my shoulders but it was big enough to be a dress when purchased and that JW Lees logo doesn't run in the wash. They don't make 'em like they used to.

That was the greatest Latics shirt ever made in my opinion.

I would like some reassurance from the club that the children in the Taiwanese sweat shops making these shirts have received the proper training.

I'd be more satisfied if I knew that they had been beaten thoroughly with bamboo canes as punishment for their shoddy work. It is the only way they will learn.

Its bad enough that due to a commercial deal away shirts are changed every year

Every club in the country (world) does the same thing live with it!!

don't give me the 3rd kit nonsense if you 'fix' a poll so we have kits like this one the third kit is never going to get used

evidence??? AH as clealry said this was the actually winner. Put up or shut up

very rarely have any of the more common sizes in (you can end up waiting til November to get a large shirt by which time the shirt is already only 6 months away from being out of date).

They give you a pre-order option, we are not a Man utd of this world that can affoard to have loads of stock in the club shop and Carlotti are not going to make 1000's not knowing what demand will be like or what size the people who are buying them will get.

They I know its not the clubs fault that we are currently sponsored by a company in financial difficulty but it doesn't help

Help what and what as this got to do with anything???

for on the first week the new shirt goes on sale for so many of them to be withdrawn due to a fault is appalling. .

already been said many did not actually go on the shelves so they did (what they had time ti actually do as the product arrived in the club shop the day before) a quality control check, the club advertised the 'on-sale' date and so had to roll with it. So if they said 'actually its put back four weeks idiots still would have said Sometimes i wonder if Oldham would be better run by someone who couldn't run a piss-up in brewery

Every big club in the world may change their kits as much as we do (although I bet not every club does) but what about clubs our size I don't think so. When this site (populated by Oldham fans) did some polls most people didn't like the away kit we got and very few have admitted voting for it in the poll on the official site. However, that didn't stop employees of Carlotti, fans of Hudders, Trannies, Blackpool, Citeh etc. and other random people voting, the club may not have fixed the poll (did you not see the inverted commas) but that didn't stop other people from doing so without the clubs knowledge. I know we are not Man U and I know we don't have enough room for the required stock in the club shop but surely since this situation happens year on year we could look into our ordering habits. As it seems that what we have in the club shop is on display and we don't keep anything in back as it were. As to the size thing large is a very common size (I'm a large and I'm not huge nor am i small- one too many beers in my time) and anyone who larger than a large will have probably been a large at some point in their time ordering shirt sizes is not rocket science and the club can improve in this area. If Hillstone go out of business we are going to look really silly being sponsored by a company that doesn't exist- see Newcastle and Northern Rock. The club advertises an on-sale date and then proceeds to stick to it a day after we were scheduled to get the stock sounds very silly to me. You find out realistically when the shirt can get to the club and add a few days (probably even waiting until later in a week say friday or a Saturday- as lots of people won't buy their shirt until they can get time off work- i.e. Friday and Saturday) this will give the club time to do a quality control check and allows for any delays. I'd much rather the club said sorry but the kit is of not high enough quality for our fans so we have decided to delay the sale of the kit until the quality is appropiate. As opposed to saying we've sold some shirts but others are defective in some way thus leaving those fans that have bought shirts in a quandary as to whether their shirt is affected or not.