New away Shirt

Guest oa_exile
RE: Fishul site latest on the new kit...

Dont think they're quite listening, i dont have a problem with the material its crap embroidery and the fact it runs in the wash! Nice of them to advertise its selling well think they forgot to mention they have had to send a load back!

Hope the club do chop these cowboys when there contract's up in the meantime i think they should be a little more truthfull as to why there isnt any in the shop!

Stop moaning, anyone would think you had been ripped off :lol:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If carlotti made a mess of things earlier then why in gods name did we give them another contract?

its not just this cock up that has annoyed me. the club shop is poor fullstop. getting my shirt and printing on the back was a joke last year.

Oi ! How would I know <_< I wasnt around in 1936 ......... ask Diego :grin:

I told you already I know about this from 27 years experience int' Textile business :)

Well, my dad has about 40 years in the textile business, and the first thing he usually does after buying a garment is to sit down and eat a pork product of some description. So that shows what your advice is worth.

PS, I can't believe Rudemedic doesn't think football shirts are good in hot weather - are you serious? They are scientifically designed to stop people overheating in testing conditions, there's nothing better when the sun is out.

Oh, and... can someone who's actually seen both the Latics one and the Chelsea one in the flesh tell me how similar they are? I saw a chav in a Chelsea one this evening and I felt a sense of dread come over me that I might be wearing one of them.

Guest oa_exile
Well, my dad has about 40 years in the textile business, and the first thing he usually does after buying a garment is to sit down and eat a pork product of some description. So that shows what your advice is worth.

Well, ask your Dad about the cycle of fabric to manufacturing and thereafter especially the time,shipping and storage conditions all through the process :wink:

Guest oa_exile
PS, I can't believe Rudemedic doesn't think football shirts are good in hot weather - are you serious? They are scientifically designed to stop people overheating in testing conditions, there's nothing better when the sun is out.

There are chemical products that you can add to the fabric that change the feel of the fabric on your body dependant your body heat , cold to hot conditions.

Well, ask your Dad about the cycle of fabric to manufacturing and thereafter especially the time,shipping and storage conditions all through the process :wink:

More importantly, what is Barry Scott's advice?

That man is a true expert and his recommendations must be followed religiously when it comes to domestic matters.

barry-scott.jpg

No they're designed to be strong enough to withstand pulls, tugs etc. all of which are involved in football whilst being cool (and that's the posh modern ones worn by the pros not necessarily the replicas they sell to the public). The best thing to wear in hot conditions is something light-weight such as cotton or linnen which are readily availible at half the price of an over-priced football shirt.

Let me put it this way ....... the first thing i ever do with a purchased garment is wash it before i wear it.

I wont go into why :)

Probably because it would already be covered in Marmite and Bovril by the time you get home.

I would imagine they make a lesser profit margin and Nike will most probably take a cut in the sales.

If I was responsible for this kind of thing at Nike I would be more much more interested in maximising the number of clubs supplied then an extra percentage of Rochdale F.C's merchendising revenue.

:deal2::deal2::deal2::deal2::deal2::deal2::deal2::deal2::deal2::deal2::deal2:

Oi ! How would I know <_< I wasnt around in 1936 ......... ask Diego :grin:

That's even before my time but I've looked up the case.

Part of the evidence related to underpants which when worn resuted in an inflammation of the bloodstream, with serious consequences. It was deemed that the appellant was satisfied by the appearance of the underpants; he could not detect, and had no reason to suspect, the hidden presence of the sulphites: the garments were saleable in the sense that the appellant, or any one similarly situated and who did not know of their defect, would readily buy them: but they were not merchantable in the statutory sense because their defect rendered them unfit to be worn next the skin. It may be that after sufficient washing that defect would have disappeared; but the statute requires the goods to be merchantable in the state in which they were sold and delivered; in this connection a defect which could easily be cured is as serious as a defect that would not yield to treatment.

Of couse not all itches in the underpant region are attributable to hidden sulphites. B)

If I was responsible for this kind of thing at Nike I would be more much more interested in maximising the number of clubs supplied then an extra percentage of Rochdale F.C's merchendising revenue.

Ebbsfleet United (MyFootballClub) has a contract with Nike for shirts and Nike delivers to the Club as and when stock is needed to avoid storage problems. Obviously it's much different from Latics, with approx 30,000 members, many of whom will buy shirts even if they don't watch the team.

In Oldham people who don't watch the team are content that they already have the Premier League shirts from the glory years. :mad:

have you played 90 minutes of footie in a replica shirt? they do not keep you cool at all. this is because they are replica and not designed for athletes. if anything, they make you sweat more.

have you played 90 minutes of footie in a replica shirt? they do not keep you cool at all. this is because they are replica and not designed for athletes. if anything, they make you sweat more.

I have, although in the last 5 years it's been more a case of 45 minutes of trying not to puke or faint rather than worrying about sweating, especially with a Yorkshire snow-blizzard looming. I find modern replica shirts very light and airy in hot weather, the key thing being that they won't stick to you even if you do get a bit minging.

That's what I thought. Everyone wants to get in on the Burton bandwagon now that it is to be the centre of English international football excellence. :grin:

Meh, I don't know why, just always thought Exile was one of the Burton brigade.

Apologies all round, I'll get my coat.

Meh, I don't know why, just always thought Exile was one of the Burton brigade.

Apologies all round, I'll get my coat.

That's OK - he used to be my stalker. :wink:

I understand they are quite partial to Bovril and Marmite in Southport - it's not purely a Midland thing, despite what leeslover says. :grin:

Someone said most League One teams keep their kit for ages, this is not actually the case, many teams actually have a new HOME kit every year as well as an away one. Swansea also bring out a new away kit every 6 months.

Also, lower league teams with the likes of Adidas and Nike actually do their deals with UK subsidary companies, the kind who do "Get a Nike kit for your team!" deals. You'll notice they're just the same design on all of them but with different colours.

Here are some other League One kits, for comparison:

Carlotti - Scunthorpe Away

Adidas - Peterborough Home

Adidas - Peterborough Away Kits (note the black kit is exactly the same as Derby's away kit!!!)

Vandanel - Northampton Home

Vandanel - Yeovil Away

Nike - Hartlepool Away

Errea - Bristol Rovers Home

Errea - Cheltenham Home & Away

Puma - Leyton Orient Home & Away

Jako - Leicester Home

swift? - Walsall Home & Away

Mitre - Huddersfield Home

Someone said most League One teams keep their kit for ages, this is not actually the case, many teams actually have a new HOME kit every year as well as an away one. Swansea also bring out a new away kit every 6 months.

Also, lower league teams with the likes of Adidas and Nike actually do their deals with UK subsidary companies, the kind who do "Get a Nike kit for your team!" deals. You'll notice they're just the same design on all of them but with different colours.

Here are some other League One kits, for comparison:

Carlotti - Scunthorpe Away

Adidas - Peterborough Home

Adidas - Peterborough Away Kits (note the black kit is exactly the same as Derby's away kit!!!)

Vandanel - Northampton Home

Vandanel - Yeovil Away

Nike - Hartlepool Away

Errea - Bristol Rovers Home

Errea - Cheltenham Home & Away

Puma - Leyton Orient Home & Away

Jako - Leicester Home

swift? - Walsall Home & Away

Mitre - Huddersfield Home

I like the Peterborough kits...it shows what a decent manufacturer can do. Scunthorpe's is horrible, and surprise surprise...it's a Carlotti kit.

Guest M_OAFC
Peterborough home kit, gorgeous.

Looks too much like Chelsea for my liking :wink:

In fact at first glance I even thought it said Chelseas property