I Am Worried

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having said that, it is a report from the world's biggest garbage bin.......however, having landed two strikers, Levein is after a third.

We should have at least one season out of him having done the hard yards....I for one will be gutted if he goes.

Are Latics becoming the SPL's feeder club?

Having said that, it is a report from the world's biggest garbage bin.......however, having landed two strikers, Levein is after a third.

We should have at least one season out of him having done the hard yards....I for one will be gutted if he goes.

Are Latics becoming the SPL's feeder club?

tomorrow's chip paper!!

As has been already said, as long as we get paid well - it is a fact of football that players move. I have never believed anything written in the Sun tho.

Surely the offer would have to be too good to refuse though for TTA to consider selling. They have been very vocal that we need to be playing Championship football sooner rather than later, and a fit in-form Hughesy will be a big factor in that.

I would rather risk losing him on a free this time next year than sell for a cut down price. Surely the potential for a promotion season outweighs a nominal sum of money.

As for being a SPL feeder team, I don't see that as a bad thing. Oldham has always had a long association with north of the border players, and scouting goes both ways. If up and coming scottish talent see Oldham as a credible route to the SPL, that can only be good. Lets face it, until we are in the Prem again, we are not gonna be able to keep excellent players at Oldham.

We just have a bad taste in our mouth from Porter. Macca and Haining, I have no problem with at all. Killen just couldn't play for us for whatever reason - kiwis can be temperamental! :grin:

How much would we be looking for and more to the point would we be able to replace him??

He is a big risk, unproved since his release and mostly unfit. Yep, he is suitable for the Scottish Leagues. After all, Dundee are a big draw.....yawn.

tiniest pinch of salt.

its in the sun...must be true! :laught16:

where did they dig this one from though...?

some reporter up there must be very bored and very drunk to come up with that "story"!

we'll be buying paul murray next.

We have signed Murray Johnny! keep up! Honestly....

I got quite excited - I thought this thread was some sort of emotional state confessional..... I am resigned to losing Hughes now the sun has said so, especially after we have now sold Taylor to Blackpool & Eardley to Coventry, however with Yantorno and Murray we have enough to chip in goals from midfield...

anyway... back to emotions...

I AM SLIGHTLY PERPLEXED

this is the biggest load of crap ive ever seen maybe baz owen will respond on here to clear it up

This wont happen... He is happy living here and so are is family there is no way he will uproot them all again and move to Scotland! (Not this season anyway) I know players can talk garbage when confronted with questions, but i had the pleasure of meeting him a few months back and iv never met such a genuine bloke down to earth and when i asked him about his future he said (which filled me with confidence) that he will definatley be here next season, said he has settled in this area and was pleased at the response he had off everyone involved in the club and in the area! He was convincing enough for me!!

These morons are just looking for something to fill web/paper space nothing more!

I wont believe.... unless its in the Daily Star then it must be true :grin:

Edited by Davros

Meanwhile, The Daily Express says he needs to move because of the Property Price Crash and his upset regarding the verdict of The Diana Inquest.

whilst the guardian upon seeing the henley by election result has changed its header from blue to green

Just to add fuel to the fire... when I dont really want to, but hey, its something to talk about...

From the bbc gossip snippets:

Oldham striker Lee Hughes is being lined up for a shock move to Dundee United. (The Sun)

However, Hughes' £100,000 valuation may price United out of the move. (Daily Express/Daily Star)

and in other news...

Former Chelsea midfielder Craig Rocastle could be given the chance to kick start his career at Kilmarnock. (Daily Express/Daily Star)

Looks like hughesy would be in esteemed company....

Edited by BigfinLatic