Hillstone

I think its appalling that latics are continuing to back and support Hillstone. They have left loads of people without jobs and not been paid their wages and left loads of local businesses with huge bills still unpaid all because those two monkeys that ran the company prefferred to drive around in their big range rovers and bentleys rather than pay people!

Come on Hardy get some gumption and admit that they haven't paid you fully and take their names off the shirts for this season.

I can think of another local business that went bust and didn’t pay it’s smaller creditors what they were owed.

Did Hillstones owners want their business (or part of it) to fail? I doubt it. Methinks someone has an axe to grind here.

I think its appalling that latics are continuing to back and support Hillstone. They have left loads of people without jobs and not been paid their wages and left loads of local businesses with huge bills still unpaid all because those two monkeys that ran the company prefferred to drive around in their big range rovers and bentleys rather than pay people!

Come on Hardy get some gumption and admit that they haven't paid you fully and take their names off the shirts for this season.

:coffee1:

I don't think it is the clubs place to get political on it - at the end of the day if their sponsorship contract has been obliged then they would be a bit daft to go back on that as it would open up a bit of a can of worms.

Besides, in the next week expect to see the banks take control over two of the countries biggest housing developers - then you've got Permisson not developing any new projects... the club still need somebody to build these houses and apartments and like it or not I think Hillstone are probably going to be the only people available and interested in doing it!

You are either a numpty or a whoosh merchant.

Hillstones (apparantly!!) have paid up 'till January, therefore there name HAS to be on the shirt till at least then. After that, why not have another 'Latics auction'?

Just imagine the word ' BEARDY' spread across the shirt!!! :D

or how about OWTB plus our logo in tangerine ???????

Looks to me like one part of the Hillstone Group shipped out the cash to other parts of the firm, paid a bill they saw as important and let this "separate" part of the company sink, stuffing the staff and other creditors.

A bit like Farepak shifting cash to a "sister" company and then blaming the bank for ruining customers' Christmas!

Latics are contractually obliged so have little choice but to wear the name of these sharks on the shirts.

If the administrator can find Latics a replacement sponsor there may be the chance of the £40k being returned. But it certainly isn't in Latics' interest to do the donkey work in finding new backing.

That would then leave fans with out of date dodgy fluo-yellow shirts before the side has even worn them!

I do wonder whether the broader issues of the 'credit crunch' are going to leave Latics with a 3 sided ground long in to the next decade.

"If the administrator can find Latics a replacement sponsor there may be the chance of the £40k being returned. "

that "£40 grand" comment by an hillstones employee has been acknowledged by the chron as not true,after latics pointed it out as not being the case.

latics are fully paid up for this season and are under contract to wear the hillstone logo on shirts for this season...

break the contract and latics get sued.

simple.

• 2 weeks later...

Along the same sort of lines, I've been car shopping today, and it appears that Horners have gone into liquidation - happened on Friday apparently - it's not looking good for our sponsorship deals next season :blink: !

The owners are the ones who bought Chadderton FC and when the going got tough put them up for sale using Vanderlism as an excuse.

Personally i suspect when it became there was no chance of turning Andrew street into a new set of apartmens they needed an excuse.

Despite being our sponsors football clubs and housing companies is not say the best relationship as i suspect most are in it for the land.

The same reason i am very cautious about that Hill guy on the board who if am right in thinking works for Ryder and Dutton.