broadway/Ford/Lookers/NSM Stand is biting the dust.

:lookers::lookers::lookers:

Over a decade of memories in there. Some good. Some Bad and some so soaked through you waddle home like a penguin. So many fun times, so many characters no longer with us, like laughing at Chubbs stories, baiting the away fans, the loveable stewards, pie girl, the paddock.

WHO ARE WE?? :cry::cry:

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Goodbye Old chap you have served the club and myself well over the years, good luck in whatever you get turned into!

Its a sad sad day! :disappointed:

It was a sad day when it was built! The old Broadway Stand was full length and you could stand in it and not get wet!

We won the Ford Sporting League, Tranmere came second and they build their main stand with second prize. Full length and a good size.

I remember the frame work for the Lookers stand being erected and recall the horror when it was only a 2/3 stand.

It was ugly.

Glad it has gone.

dumb question time...

is it necessary yet to remove the bottom paddock seats yet if they aren't sure of a starting time to build?

or...could there be temp seats a la blackpool put there?

it'll be fun watching the visiting fans (which i'd designate as the away end) freezing their nuts off! :lol:

dumb question time...

is it necessary yet to remove the bottom paddock seats yet if they aren't sure of a starting time to build?

it'll be fun watching the visiting fans (which i'd designate as the away end) freezing their nuts off! :lol:

good idea!!

i've been saying something similar for a while... when the new stands are up (ie broadway and chaddy!) etc then why not stick the away fans in the main stand that we have now.... not bad view, covered and the natives get the best three stands that we will have at the time!!.... easier to control too... bus them right upto the doors!

I love the line "please resist the temptation to pay a personal visit to the site, security people have now been employed to cover the site 24/7 and for safety reasons you will be turned away". I'm really tempted to go with a fold up chair and some sandwiches.

So long my old friend, my first memories come from the lookers.

Frankie Bunn's 2 hattricks and Redders' pen

You will stay with me for a long time in my memories.

Does anyone know where the new tv gantry will be next season?

So long my old friend, my first memories come from the lookers.

Frankie Bunn's 2 hattricks and Redders' pen

You will stay with me for a long time in my memories.

Does anyone know where the new tv gantry will be next season?

maybe where the stand was!

dumb question time...

I don't know why we knocked it down at all.............. what's the point if we haven't got a start date to build the new stand?

I don't know why we knocked it down at all.............. what's the point if we haven't got a start date to build the new stand?

Short Term cost saving measure & the few hundred ST holders from the lower all pay an extra £60-80 to be relocated, none too shabby and probably covered part of the cost of demolition. It is frustrating that the construction market has gone tits up just as we get the ball rolling. I'm in no doubt the delays and arseing about from OMBC have taken their toll, wonder if we can sue? I think the project will again be amended to include even more houses and I can even see some social housing provision being made, now that would really piss the NIMBY's off. Simon Hewitt living next to Waynetta and the cast of Shameless. OK stereotypical I know but it would be funny. Perhaps the scrotey private DSS tenants I've had move in next to me could take the first house to be built, taking their whiney dog and their little sod of a kid with them.

Edited by oafcprozac

Guest sheridans_world

Had a wander down to BP today, for those of you who cant get down there yourselves, some pictures of the demolition work so far:

28-06-08_1351.jpg

28-06-08_1355.jpg

28-06-08_1349.jpg

28-06-08_1350.jpg

28-06-08_1352.jpg

28-06-08_1353.jpg

28-06-08_1354.jpg

28-06-08_1356.jpg

Good pics Si, but why didnt this round the clock security chase you off with a pitchfork. "Gerr'of My Land." - Pfft. They should go down to the farms near Vitaluxan down the lanes in 'dale, to see how to keep the pesky buggers away from private property. :lol:

elmer-fudd.gif

Particularly like the 3rd last photo for two reasons. Those steps I walked up and down every single week and for that stupid random grey chair that despite the stand being in process of being demolished, still hasnt been removed yet. :lol::lol: It was there all last season and I dont think anyone could answer why. Just a seat for those too scared to stay in the rain at half time who cowered under the pie bar. :wink:

Good pics Si, but why didnt this round the clock security chase you off with a pitchfork. "Gerr'of My Land." - Pfft. They should go down to the farms near Vitaluxan down the lanes in 'dale, to see how to keep the pesky buggers away from private property. :lol:

elmer-fudd.gif

Particularly like the 3rd last photo for two reasons. Those steps I walked up and down every single week and for that stupid random grey chair that despite the stand being in process of being demolished, still hasnt been removed yet. :lol::lol: It was there all last season and I dont think anyone could answer why. Just a seat for those too scared to stay in the rain at half time who cowered under the pie bar. :wink:

Hmmm, and who was that :unsure: