Glastonbury 2008

Matt

BBC are putting iPlayer to good use and covering Glasto08 by replaying sets from the previous days events.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2008/

I've just watched The Editors and The Foals - now I don't like The Foals, I don't like Yannis Philippakis, and I don't like the plinky-plinky guitar riffs, but I foot-tapped my way through their 30 minute set, although Cassius is :censored:e - and I thought someone was a bit off-key in it, I reckon they were trying to jam too much. I'm no musician though. I gave them a chance I suppose...

Highlight for me KOL rocked last night and Vampire weekend were fantastic. Also Jay-z late on stage ... hoped he didn't get on, just sooooooo wrong from the start , then leaving the crowd waiting tut! tut! and then to top trying to sing over the top of oasis WTF Didn't Noel slate this guy when it came out he was playing..... don't you obviously needed his permission from oasis to do this?????

Just saw Amy Winehouse on TV. Embarassing to say the least. Reminded me of Elvis towards the end. :blink:

Hopefully she will pull herself together before it gets that far.

Your dad has more than likely peeled one off to Amy Winehouse.

Highlight for me KOL rocked last night and Vampire weekend were fantastic. Also Jay-z late on stage ... hoped he didn't get on, just sooooooo wrong from the start , then leaving the crowd waiting tut! tut! and then to top trying to sing over the top of oasis WTF Didn't Noel slate this guy when it came out he was playing..... don't you obviously needed his permission from oasis to do this?????

What are you on about?! Jay-Z was awesome as was Lupe Fiasco earlier in the festival, people need to stop all this 'hip-hop doesnt belong at Glastonbury' garbage. Just becuase Noel Gallagher said it doesn't make it right, Jay-Z showed him up by his performance.

Back in my day bla bla bla, it's about time Glastonbury started attracting a younger audience as well. Still kept it's tradition but brought something new this year.

Best acts for me were KOL (obviously), Raconteurs, Young Knives, The Enemy, and of course Jay-Z. There were loads of other good performances but they stood out for me. Missed all today so don't know how the Verve and Groove Amada went down, was at the Radiohead gig at Old Trafford (which was immense!), MGMT supported and were pretty good.

Also Jay-z late on stage ... hoped he didn't get on, just sooooooo wrong from the start , then leaving the crowd waiting tut! tut! and then to top trying to sing over the top of oasis WTF Didn't Noel slate this guy when it came out he was playing..... don't you obviously needed his permission from oasis to do this?????

The 'also Jay-z' confused me a little bit after he had said who was 'fantastic', but that whole bit looks like he is slating Jay-Z doesn't it?

What are you on about?! Jay-Z was awesome as was Lupe Fiasco earlier in the festival, people need to stop all this 'hip-hop doesnt belong at Glastonbury' garbage. Just becuase Noel Gallagher said it doesn't make it right, Jay-Z showed him up by his performance.

Back in my day bla bla bla, it's about time Glastonbury started attracting a younger audience as well. Still kept it's tradition but brought something new this year.

Best acts for me were KOL (obviously), Raconteurs, Young Knives, The Enemy, and of course Jay-Z. There were loads of other good performances but they stood out for me. Missed all today so don't know how the Verve and Groove Amada went down, was at the Radiohead gig at Old Trafford (which was immense!), MGMT supported and were pretty good.

I like MGMT bit different. Electric Feel is a class song.

Definitely, I notice you've pretty much got that song on repeat, have to admit i'm exactly the same at the moment!

I know lol. Its moved on from Time To Pretend to Electric Feel.

Back to Glastonbury. Jay-z was pretty much the same as what he was when I saw him at M.E.N. Apart from the dig at Gallagher at the start. I was well impressed with Lupe Fiasco though, how crazy was he?!

I was well impressed with Lupe Fiasco though, how crazy was he?!

Hairy arseholes, I didn't know he was playing! His albums Food & Liquor and The Cool are quality, really wish I had known he was on.

Phew, thank god for the BBC website, his performance is on there.

Edited by beag_teeets