Ernie Cooksey - Latest News

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just come across this link on dale's site. It's a link to Ernie news.

http://www.conferenceforum.co.uk/cboard.mp...mp;thread=13178

http://www.clubfanzine.com/rochdale/v2.for...p?id_t=54880#17

:( Terrible News. I dont think anyone is sick enough to make this stuff up.

Quote from somebody on the Grays Athletic forum (via Ernie's Facebook group)...

Quote:

I'm afraid to announce that Ernie is critically ill in hospital and the outlook is very poor. I'm sure everyone at the club and supporters are thinking of Ernie and his family at this time. Jamie Day is also at his bedside.

:(

I guess a lot of us have feared for some time that his illness had gone past the point of no return. I hope it's been some comfort to him to know that people cared enough to make all of the fantastic fundraising efforts that have gone on around the country (I heard just the other day that they raised £1,000 with buckets at Bromley) and that his wife will no doubt have that extra support as she prepares to raise their child. It's just very very sad.

I know its not the time for friend of a friend story, but a family i know close to Ernie say doctor has said its only a matter of days now.

The person has been with Ernie today and said hes not well at all, but no set timeframe is being put on it.

Heatbreaking to be honest, tough to find the words.

I guess a lot of us have feared for some time that his illness had gone past the point of no return. I hope it's been some comfort to him to know that people cared enough to make all of the fantastic fundraising efforts that have gone on around the country (I heard just the other day that they raised £1,000 with buckets at Bromley) and that his wife will no doubt have that extra support as she prepares to raise their child. It's just very very sad.

just to give an update, ernie is terribly poorly, but it isnt true to say he has been given 48 hours, although having seen him a couple of days ago, i dont see it being much longer.

still praying for a miracle, his family are by his bedside and we just hope he doesnt suffer to much longer.

the illness has grabbed him so quickly, so much that he didnt make it to the states for the treatment we hoped for.

thanks for all the messages of support, i will pass them onto louise and his family.

I know its not the time for friend of a friend story, but a family i know close to Ernie say doctor has said its only a matter of days now.

The person has been with Ernie today and said hes not well at all, but no set timeframe is being put on it.

Heatbreaking to be honest, tough to find the words.

after losing my mum to the lurgey a matter of weeks ago if it's any comfort modern drugs and first class nursing makes the patient free from pain and comfortable ...my thoughts go out to his immediate family......

sad sad news makes worries about money seem hollow and vain cant take this in ernie the fighter the battler mr 100% laid low like this were with you ernie in our thoughts in our dreams our memories as has been said elswhere thanks for the memories ernie you lived our dream !

who else thinks tuesday 12th of august should be a celebration not a wake lets make it "ernie day "

" ernie for england"

Very very sad news, so dissapointed to hear it. I was only actually young when Ernie was playing for us, he showed me what a true footballer was. 100% effort every match.

Mine and my families thoughts are with you. Lets keep hoping.

ERNIE COOKSEY = FOOTBALLING LEGEND

our thoughts are with ernie & his family.....

Ernie will always be a legend and will live on in our footballing hearts.

This will be a time of reflection however this season we should do it for Ernie.... god bless big fella always the first to play for the shirt..

Always with you... your family at Oldham Athletic......................

Ernie will always be a legend and will live on in our footballing hearts.

This will be a time of reflection however this season we should do it for Ernie.... god bless big fella always the first to play for the shirt..

Always with you... your family at Oldham Athletic......................

i don't normally have a name on my shirt (mind you a shirt that i can buy would help!!!) but i think i may have to honour a shirt all the same.....

ps....does anyone know what number he had when he played for us?????

Edited by thetramdriver

i don't normally have a name on my shirt (mind you a shirt that i can buy would help!!!) but i think i may have to honour a shirt all the same.....

Number 4 I think was his,

I've never had a name on any shirt before either, but i was thinking the same for this season.