Ernie Cooksey - Latest News

Having been a father for the fist time 18 months ago, the fact Ernie might not see the birth is truly awful.

Thoughts are with you.

Same here - my son is 10 months old - and, to add, the idea that his missus may have to go through it without him is equally awful.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here - my son is 10 months old - and, to add, the idea that his missus may have to go through it without him is equally awful.

I'm not a parent myself but it was when I heard about his missus being pregnant that the awfulness of it really came home to me. So many bastards in the world but it's the good guys who lose out all to often.

Devastating news. Thinking of you Ernie and your family

morning all

just a quick update on ernie's condition for everyone. apologies to people for not returning calls but its so hard getting back to everyone with news.

we visited him yesterday and he is in much the same condition. sleeping pretty much constantly now, just waking briefly every now and again.

the nurses assure us that he is no longer in pain, as the painkillers he is taking are alleviating as much as they can.

his girlfriend lou and his sister and dad are by his side constantly. he has many many friends visiting him, and we are all saying a prayer for him.

martin

Well Ive just got back from barcelona on a high and to hear this news like everyone else I'm devastated.

Thanks for keeping us upto date Martin on his condition and to anyone who has done any fund raising for his family in this time well done your efforts won't have been in vain I'm sure.

I like the idea of renaming the Rose Bowl trophy to The Ernie Cooksey rose Bowl Trophy as its a fitting tribute to someone who played for both clubs With heart, passion, courage and honesty. He will always be a fans favourite as you knew he was the type of guy whould leave nothing in the changing room.

All the Best Ernie

morning all

just a quick update on ernie's condition for everyone. apologies to people for not returning calls but its so hard getting back to everyone with news.

we visited him yesterday and he is in much the same condition. sleeping pretty much constantly now, just waking briefly every now and again.

the nurses assure us that he is no longer in pain, as the painkillers he is taking are alleviating as much as they can.

his girlfriend lou and his sister and dad are by his side constantly. he has many many friends visiting him, and we are all saying a prayer for him.

martin

where is ernie at the moment ? hospital or home? i know i dont know him paersonally - only as a fan on the terraces but i just wanna do some thing for him, even if its just sending some flowers or best wishes...

danny

Surely a small relief to his family to know his sufferings at a minimal at the moment. Sure he'll keep battling till the end. Keep fighting Ernie.

Cheers for the updates Martin. Very much appreciated in what must be a difficult time for you.

Martin,

Thanks for the updates...can I echo all the messages of support on here for Ernie and his family

I don't really know what else to put except to let them know that were all thinking bout them and praying for them and Ernie