New Away Shirt

Im goin purchasing my shirt today. Does anyone know what the deal is with them being faulty? Is it just a certain amount that have been sent back or....?

The problem with them is the Crap emroidery(which officially they aren't recognising as a fault) BUT The main fault is that the black sponsor stitching runs in the wash and turns the shirt fluo grey. When i rang about mine she said not all of them run but if it does bring it back and they will gladly swap it!!

P.s - Dont wear it whilst driving especially if you drive a new volvo or similar looking police type undercover car! The amount of jerks i had slamming on their brakes whilst speeding thinking i was a cop was unbelieveable - Funny at first but gets annoying after 2 or 3 times!!

Thanks for the info!

I went down and tried the shirt on. Decided not to bother. The colour really is awful and i can't see how they have sold so many. Ashamed to have voted for it.

Lol...so even those who voted for it in the heavily fixed poll (nothing will ever change my mind that the poll was rigged) are now saying it's a joke! Brilliant....well done!

Oh....and as I've not commented on the kit since it's come out I just wanna say WTF is that collar all about? Horrid.....oh well!

I dont think the poll was rigged, i just think the four options we were given in the first place were not very good. red, we wouldnt wear cos of utd, sky blue, cos of city, and the barca one is a colour clash with the home one anyway, although i would have thought that would have won, just so we could see the tang shirt more often

I dont think the poll was rigged, i just think the four options we were given in the first place were not very good. red, we wouldnt wear cos of utd, sky blue, cos of city, and the barca one is a colour clash with the home one anyway, although i would have thought that would have won, just so we could see the tang shirt more often

The poll run on here at the time showed that Flou Yellow certainly wasn't a popular choice. Infact it wasn't even close if I remember correctly....

Here we go...just looked for it....

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10302&hl=flou

Ok....only a small section of fans but then again, seems that matters little now seeing as the current poll for our music next season has been handed to this board. So as I say, there's no way on earth the poll for next seasons kit was credible as far as I'm concerned. Oh well.

....the barca one is a colour clash with the home one anyway, although i would have thought that would have won, just so we could see the tang shirt more often

That was the ploy in the voting tactics on here, but a shirt not worn much would not have suited the Club.

Ok....only a small section of fans but then again, seems that matters little now seeing as the current poll for our music next season has been handed to this board. So as I say, there's no way on earth the poll for next seasons kit was credible as far as I'm concerned. Oh well.

The poll for the music has not been handed to this board's posters solely, as the rarely wrong Chron also has two fingers in it by advising readers that they can vote by text, based on tunes in a different order to the ones on here. But i'm not supposed to go on about that! :huh:

I went down and tried the shirt on. Decided not to bother. The colour really is awful and i can't see how they have sold so many. Ashamed to have voted for it.

Surely having voted for it, you have a moral obligation to buy at least 10 shirts, even if only to give to people you don't like! :)

WE ALL PLAY IN MONKEY SICK YEL-LOW.

MONKEY SICK YEL-LOW

MONKEY SICK YEL-LOW

Surely having voted for it, you have a moral obligation to buy at least 10 shirts, even if only to give to people you don't like! :)

WE ALL PLAY IN MONKEY SICK YEL-LOW.

MONKEY SICK YEL-LOW

MONKEY SICK YEL-LOW

OLDHAM PLAY IN HIGH-VISIBILITY

HIGH-VISIBILITY

HIGH-VISIBILITY

This board has 1,260 members..... there are quite a few of them that are either non posters or use other logins to back up their comments! I know of quite a few members who post under at least two different log ins or have one username then get bored of it so change it! So the actuall number of Active members is a lot less, that opinion poll on the away kit does not represent the majority of Tics fans... Fluo yellow won so stop moaning....

P.S - I voted for Fluo Yellow, bought it and love it! Especially when it turns fluo yellow in the wash! :grin:

• 3 weeks later...
P.s - Dont wear it whilst driving especially if you drive a new volvo or similar looking police type undercover car! The amount of jerks i had slamming on their brakes whilst speeding thinking i was a cop was unbelieveable - Funny at first but gets annoying after 2 or 3 times!!

LOL! I wasn't gonna get one til I read this... (Bogus Cop Alert) :grin:

Wasn't keen on the tangerine, we copied Blackppool (originally, and this time) and the Vomit yellow is a copy of the Chelsea strip.

Just wish we could have something unique to Oldham.

Blackpool dont have any blue in their kit. I quite like the idea of Blue shirt with White and Tangerine Piping

Blackpool dont have any blue in their kit. I quite like the idea of Blue shirt with White and Tangerine Piping

Crikey oh riley!!! We have had this debate ad nauseum!

For home kit Latics did have something distinct! the "thirds" shirt.

For change shirts Latics played in tangerine from at least 1960 (when I first started going) . And it was just like Blackpool.

There was a vote , Fluo Yellow won. Like it or not.

Edited by LaticsPete

I dont think the poll was rigged, i just think the four options we were given in the first place were not very good.

Some cynics would say that's how it was rigged...

For the next new shirt maybe there could be a compy open to fans submitting their home-made designs? There does seem to be a few people on here who have what it takes in that department - those who designs flags, logos etc.

Has this ever been tried in the past? Sometimes my memory lets me down.

Some cynics would say that's how it was rigged...

Why on earth would the club 'rig' the vote? Surely if they had an interest they would have just brought out the new strip rather than even bothering with a poll!? There is every possibility people voted for it as a bit of a joke, likely to be non-latics of course....but even then if there are enough non-latics voting to affect the result then the last thing im worried about is our change strip. I'd be more concerned about our lack of fans!!!

The yellow strip won fair and square (I believe). It isnt a great strip but then neither were the ones in competition......Carlotti are at the route of the problem for me.

Edited by Stitch_KTF