how much do you pay for petrol?

boboafc

with the price of a barrel of oil nearly $145 a barrell again the price of petrol here is nearly $1.30 a litre from tonight ,the wife who drivers to work (i get lift's ) spend nearly $275 dollars a month which is about 138 pounds , her work is only 6km away .... so how much do you have to pay for petrol ?

with the price of a barrel of oil nearly $145 a barrell again the price of petrol here is nearly $1.30 a litre from tonight ,the wife who drivers to work (i get lift's ) spend nearly $275 dollars a month which is about 138 pounds , her work is only 6km away .... so how much do you have to pay for petrol ?

why she spending that much bob when its only a 12 km return trip to work ??

I'm paying 115.9 at the moment for unleaded. so its 63 pounds to fill my tank - that last for 3 weeks getting to and from work.

why she spending that much bob when its only a 12 km return trip to work ??

I'm paying 115.9 at the moment for unleaded. so its 63 pounds to fill my tank - that last for 3 weeks getting to and from work.

my car is only a 1ltr and i filled it up yesterday with £40

i wonder how much it is to fill a 2ltr infact i dread to think how much it costs

i wonder how much it is to fill a 2ltr infact i dread to think how much it costs

63 quid to fill my 1.4l

88 quid to fill my works 2.0L

Footy68 is a 1.9tD I think so thats 63 quid Diesel

£63 to fill a Golf TDI. On Bobs Wifey expenses, do you have a Chelsea Tractor?
wife drives a peugeot 307 Estate ,which by the way she won in a work comp just over a year ago Edited by boboafc

Doesnt cost much more.....you just have to fill it more often :wink:

Just to add familys in India and China are increasingly wanting to own cars, demand, supply, prices spiral etc

Time to 'take them out' then. I think im in a confrontational mood today.

In all seriousness I think Europe as a whole should increase fuel duty 1000%, and insist the yanks follow suit. Enforce the change which needs making.

The £30 I put into my 1.2 Clio is now lasting less than 5 or 6 days now. So I'm going to have to up it to £35 so I can get a week out of it.

I think, off my back-of-a-fag-packet calcs, I'm spending roughly £40 MORE per month than this time last year. My salary hasn't increased that much, I'm sure.

Up in durham the petrol prices are usually 1-2p per litre more expensive than those in and around Rochdale but there are some garages which are usuallly about the same price in Gateshead and Sunderland (often go to either place with 'work') so I get my petrol there when I can. I paid 117.9p/litre at my local Sainsburys the other day. Plus when in a lot of supermarkets you can pick up maps which have their store lisitings in and since supermarkets are usually cheaper than garages on longer journeys I quite often use these for example there is a Tesco in Garforth that I use now and then in my commute from Heywood to Durham

Edited by rudemedic

I have no idea what I pay. I just whallop it in and go on my merry way.

The only thing I really know the price of is pints and cans and that's because one is far cheaper than the other. If they started selling petrol at 20p a can I'd probably start buying that too. I may even get some for the car too.

I have no idea what I pay. I just whallop it in and go on my merry way.

The only thing I really know the price of is pints and cans and that's because one is far cheaper than the other. If they started selling petrol at 20p a can I'd probably start buying that too. I may even get some for the car too.

That's the real issue - some shops are charging £5.50 for 6 Kronenbourgs now. If they think an extra £10.50 a week is enough to force me into a "healthy lifestyle" then they can think again.

The cheapest price for diesel up here is 129.9p.

It has affected my driving habits as I have now slowed down after reading some reports on fuel consumption rates at high speeds. I'm now getting at least 100 miles extra out of a 50 litre tank-ful.

It's all to do with wind resistance apparently. ^_^

It has affected my driving habits as I have now slowed down after reading some reports on fuel consumption rates at high speeds. I'm now getting at least 100 miles extra out of a 50 litre tank-ful.

Thought about befriending a farmer? There is a reason why nearly everyone in Northern Ireland drives diesels.

Wait, let me check this out for you:

126mph, 27 miles per gallon, 6 miles a litre, 300miles.

115mph, 36 miles per gallon, 8 miles a litre, 400miles.

Yes, that sounds about right.

I get about 15mpg doing 126mph. Best to take it easy at around 100/110mph.

Edited by Stitch_KTF

A slight exaggeration mate however my driving style now has lead me to consider purchasing a tweed cap and driving jacket with shiny elbow patches.

A slight exaggeration mate however my driving style now has lead me to consider purchasing a tweed cap and driving jacket with shiny elbow patches.

LOL, IC driving slowly whatever next a Brit winning Wimbledon. By the way IC is it worth you travelling that little bit further to go to Newton Aycliffe as I would guess diesel is cheaper than that at the Tesco there.