Chelsea Sign Deco

Guest sheridans_world

£8 Million sounds cheap but in 2 years (the length of his contract) I reckon he will probably play 50 games that's £400k/game. He will not be fit for a huge chunk of time and at 31 he will take longer to recover from little niggles. I also think its a case of him or Ballack and my money is on Ballack being the first choice out of those two. 4 years ago he was a very good player and I'm surprised he didn't follow Mourinho to Chelsea then now he is a little bit too past it. If Abrahomvic had stolen Xavi or Iniesta from Barca then that should worry them not Deco, personally the rumoured transfer of Giovanni (Dos Santos) to Tottenham would be more of a worry for Barca fans than Deco and he played about 10 times last season. Barca will no doubt spend some of the money on Arshavin who I think at £15 million is a lot better value for money.

£8 Million sounds cheap but in 2 years (the length of his contract) I reckon he will probably play 50 games that's £400k/game. He will not be fit for a huge chunk of time and at 31 he will take longer to recover from little niggles. I also think its a case of him or Ballack and my money is on Ballack being the first choice out of those two. 4 years ago he was a very good player and I'm surprised he didn't follow Mourinho to Chelsea then now he is a little bit too past it. If Abrahomvic had stolen Xavi or Iniesta from Barca then that should worry them not Deco, personally the rumoured transfer of Giovanni (Dos Santos) to Tottenham would be more of a worry for Barca fans than Deco and he played about 10 times last season. Barca will no doubt spend some of the money on Arshavin who I think at £15 million is a lot better value for money.

deco will not play 50 games in 2 season! :D

we got about 12 games out of him last season...never fit and just wasn't good enough.he was about 4th or 5th choice in the end.

oh,and when he was fit,he still managed to get 2 suspensions in...never been popular at barca and i ain't missing him.

as for gio dos santo,not missing him either.we had 2 or 3 good displays out of him last season,when injuries kicked in hard.he had his chance countless times and he just wasn't up to it. ok,he's a kid,but the youth system at barca is the best in the world,there are many more eager and more promising kids ready to take the chance with more bite.

and,its not a rumour about him going to spurs,he went about 4 weeks ago.

definatley chuffed we've got rid of these two.

arshavin looks promising,and they're still in for villa at valencia and guita at mallorca (top goal scorer in la liga last season). should be completing the signing of alves from sevilla very soon and with the new signing we already have,it looks a far more promising season ahead than the crap we've been served the last 2 seasons.

pep guardiola will install new passion into the club and with the possible exits of eto'o(world class player but his whole attitude stinks towards the team,management and the club) ,ronnie (isn't what everyone remembers him, lazy,only interested in showboating instead of team play-which i suppose is sometimes a great thing ,but is feckin fustrating when its messed chances for players in better positions-hes badly unfit and his attitude stinks also...continually has missed training due to the effects of the night before,turns up with mystery injuries that the medical staff can't confirm,and when he does train,just can't be bothered) ,gudjoannson (just not good enough),and with zambrotta already gone ,pep is clearing the decks.

i can't wait!

visca barca!

£8 Million sounds cheap but in 2 years (the length of his contract) I reckon he will probably play 50 games that's £400k/game.

:shock:

I hope you make a better doc than mathematician!

And Johnny what's all this 'we' business??

Wrong board mate.

:shock:

I hope you make a better doc than mathematician!

And Johnny what's all this 'we' business??

Wrong board mate.

i've been a barca fan for over 14 years,been a member of the club for 3 years.

member of the uk barca supporters club.

go to about 6 games a season.

that ok?

Seeing as you attend a few games yes it's ok, you have my blessing.

:grin:

i've dragged a few on this board to games too.

macca,MOAFC,ritchie wardle.

went to paris for the champs league final.

been to the last 2 el classico's at camp nou.

also,last season i started doing away away games,including schalke 04,rangers+celtic,murcia.

seen all the greats,first game in '94 had romario,kueman,stoichkov, bakero etc..playing.

i

Edited by johnny punkster

:grin:

i've dragged a few on this board to games too.

macca,MOAFC,ritchie wardle.

went to paris for the champs league final.

been to the last 2 el classico's at camp nou.

also,last season i started doing away away games,including schalke 04,rangers+celtic,murcia.

seen all the greats,first game in '94 had romario,kueman,stoichkov, bakero etc..playing.

i

Sounds good mate cant fault ya. Suppose it offsets the general despair of being a latics fans these days! Must admit ive always liked them if just for their sense of identity and shirt sponsor history.

All the best with getting to more games this season then.

What, like Doctors salary + long holidays = lots of golf? :wink:

LOL

A.) I don't play golf but am thinking of taking up the game as it does appear popular with some members of the profession.

B.) Doctors don't get that long holidays and it is often a matter of fitting in within a rota (so no long 4 week breaks)

C.) Whilst I will admit being a doctor is very well paid there are an awful lot of professions where the money is not far off in terms of hours and training.

D.) As a student i earn naff all despite working longer hours than some of my health professional coleagues