Did he turn up to training yesterday.

Any rumours on him moving on...

I was looking for him on the OS first day of training pictures, didn't notice him on any of them.

Although I guess if he'd got fixed up anywhere else we would have heard about it.

I was looking for him on the OS first day of training pictures, didn't notice him on any of them.

Although I guess if he'd got fixed up anywhere else we would have heard about it.

He's on the 2nd picture!!!

Over Eardley's shoulder, you can see him! So, i'd say he's still with us at the moment! :grin:

Edited by slystallone

He's on the 2nd picture!!!

Over Eardley's shoulder, you can see him! So, i'd say he's still with us at the moment! :grin:

He is definately on the OS pictures although not directly....hes tried adding my mrs on facebook as well!

Having seen his mrs yours must be a good'n for him to bother :grin:

hes under contract so we couldnt release him he just got told if he found a club he could join them

i think he will end up goin somewhere on loan later on like september or summat myself

when he realises hes not in sheridans plans

Wouldn't be upset if he stayed, he's a good tackler, the sort of guy I'd bring on if we're defending a lead.

I'd be with you if it were a one nil lead against a Premiership team. At this level it would just encourage us to sit back and invite pressure. He kills so many moves stone dead his defensive wualities just aren't worth it IMO. Thanks for that performance JP, now of you go.

I'd be with you if it were a one nil lead against a Premiership team. At this level it would just encourage us to sit back and invite pressure. He kills so many moves stone dead his defensive wualities just aren't worth it IMO. Thanks for that performance JP, now of you go.

Bit harsh Leeslover, but i see where you're coming from. It's a weird one with JP, the Everton game proved he could cut it with Prem players, but it was a one off game in the FA cup where we weren't expected to do anything.

His "crab-like" passing and lack of real 'on the ball' ability drag him down unfortunatley.

It's a quandry that Shez has to solve - he's contracted to us, we are paying him a weekly wage, but he won't be playing unless we're struck down by a biblical-type injury crisiss. I personally think he'll be off before we reach the 10-game marker in the season, but if he stays; he stays - there could be worse players to have on our books, i mean we could have John Thompson............oh wait........... :shock:

At this level it would just encourage us to sit back and invite pressure. He kills so many moves stone dead his defensive qualities just aren't worth it IMO.

Thought we was talking about someone else in the Latics squad then, for a moment :grin:

Nah, I'd like JP to stay personally. Not a big favourite, but does have some qualities and he's never really played in the Allott role which I think would be his best role with someone alongside him to receive the easy ball....coz that's the difference, Allott does both stopping teams coming thru the middle and can pass a ball....JP does struggle with his passing but with a willing midfielder alongside I think that as a squad player, he could be required later on should MA find himself with a soft tissue injury :wink:

Edited by boundaryblue80

i think he's a good back-up player, but he must be on a decent wage. Yeovil offered him a fresh deal, which he turned down to come to us! if he is one of the bigger earners, it might be the reason why he has'nt moved on yet (no one will want to match his wages, and he wont want to take a pay-cut)

Bit harsh Leeslover, but i see where you're coming from. It's a weird one with JP, the Everton game proved he could cut it with Prem players, but it was a one off game in the FA cup where we weren't expected to do anything.

His "crab-like" passing and lack of real 'on the ball' ability drag him down unfortunatley.

It's a quandry that Shez has to solve - he's contracted to us, we are paying him a weekly wage, but he won't be playing unless we're struck down by a biblical-type injury crisiss. I personally think he'll be off before we reach the 10-game marker in the season, but if he stays; he stays - there could be worse players to have on our books, i mean we could have John Thompson............oh wait........... :shock:

Honestly dont think he is being harsh at all... he is one of the worst passers of the football i have ever seen. At the everton game all he had to do was tackle and he did it well, but I have never even him seen him regularly even make 2 yard passes accurately - BB80 says he might succeed with an uber-midfielder next to him, well he would have to be bloody Kaka as he would have to be good enough so that he would never let JP touch the ball!

He can tackle, full stop. I just cannot accept this guy can play football - as lees say he kills everything stone dead, he cant control the thing, and he cant pass 5 yards, he is just the end of anything creative we try to do. He succeded at Yeovil who were scrappers with 2 decent wingers - we at least try to play the ball through midfield, and if that is at all our strategy he cannot be part of the team...

I just cant see how he fits in to the team at all... even is Allott gets inured it looks as if we have Stephens, lee and Eards ahead of him in the scrapper role... I havent even seen 2 of them play and I would already have them in the team ahead of him in a second... his bags are packed, he just need to find out which Hilton he will be staying in next season ... and lets not forget he was one of the prime suspect in clique-gate at the start of the season... when he was outed from the team along with rickets, things started to pick up.....

The official website states today Dale Stephens will face stiff competition for a midfield place.

The list of competing players included JP Kalala.

Im sure there was an article on the official site not so long ago stating JP was free to leave!

Maybe no-one wants him! At Yeovil he played the defensive midfielder role scrapping for the ball which is his best asset, here we have tried to turn him into a passer - almost attacking midfielder! Which we have learned he is gash!! Im sure it said on the O/S when he joined he was a def mid but then went on to say something like he has the ability to play as a mid or attack mid!!

Edited by Davros