Real Ale Latics

How contrary and strange.

Inside the ground we get the voted for No.1 Worst Beer, John Smiths, yet our badged beer for sale in the pubs is from the No. 1 brewery, Howard Town.

Source: http://www.qualityales.com/

Pity they can't sell a real ale inside the ground instead of that John Smiths sh**e. They'd definitely get a few quid extra out of me if they did.

I suppose they don't want to be left with the possibility of having a partial or full barrels of real ale left over at the end of the game, going off before it can be drunk at the next home game. But they could have an arrangement with one of the participating pubs to take any left over barrels for what they paid for them.

Edited by laticsrblue

How contrary and strange.

Inside the ground we get the voted for No.1 Worst Beer, John Smiths, yet our badged beer for sale in the pubs is from the No. 1 brewery, Howard Town.

Source: http://www.qualityales.com/

Pity they can't sell a real ale inside the ground instead of that John Smiths sh**e. They'd definitely get a few quid extra out of me if they did.

I suppose they don't want to be left with the possibility of having a partial of full barrel of real ale left over at the end of the game, going off before it can be drunk at the next home game. But they could have an arrangement with one of the participating pubs to take any left over barrels for what they paid for them.

As a CAMRA member, what would be nice would be a real ale establishment within the new development where we could visit during the week for a pint or two... even a small Wetherspoons (Lite?) would be good.

Did anyone put their name forward for this? I did but have not heard anything which makes me think I am not one of the lucky 6.

I'm not saying that this has been rigged but apparently, Gordon has got all 6 places on the Tasting Panel. :shock:

:drinking45: :drinking45: :drinking45: :drinking45: :drinking45: :drinking45:

:grin: