"G" 'ing up the crowd!

Ok here's the story. When I was younger I lived in Germany for a while. I lived in a town called Spaarbrucken, close the the city of Frankfurt. I used to make an appearance (not playing!) their when I could. I caught a good game once between Bayern München.

The crowd their was unbelieveable. They have a guy named 'Pipi' who... well in a way tells them what to do/sing over a speakerphone. They also have a famous thing called 'Hey Eintracht Frankfurt'. Now every fan will link (shoulder wise) and jump up and down constantly while singing. Now here's a video of it and you also see Pipi over the speakerphone.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE VIDEO!!!

Now my point is, "Why can't Latics do something like this?". It's a great thing to do and the atmosphere is cracking! (also we could win the fans of the year award :naughty:)

Thoughts or comments?

Now my point is, "Why can't Latics do something like this?". It's a great thing to do and the atmosphere is cracking! (also we could win the fans of the year award :naughty:)

Thoughts or comments?

various reasons.

It's not a British thing to do. What made/makes the British fans stand out from the rest was the terrace chants - spur of the moment stuff and humour involved. Rather than the ochestrated sheep like mentality the "Johnny's" opt for. Just ask people who moved from the Chaddy about one of the reasons why they left years ago. The mentality amongst some of the singers that only their songs are valid and the sheer will to join in anyone elses chants.

I do like that bounce and one or two of the chants in various Frankfurt video's but it's a bit wrong to think that its like that all the time. What happens when there's a lull in the atmosphere and Frankfurt win a free kick/corner. Do they have to look in Mr Longstockings direction before they can cheer? Watched various docs on the Italians who do something similar behind each goals and it is very much a sheep mentality. An Heirachy amongst a fan base.

Not to mention there's too many at BP who wont sing for love, nor money, no matter whats happening infront of their eyes on the pitch or whether they "were told to by a man with a microphone."

Even if it did happen and everyone joined in, it wouldnt be on par with the stuff in the video. Frankfurt average far bigger crowds than we'd muster even if we were in the PremierLeague.

Atmosphere's in Britain are probably seen as good from those from other countries. Well at certain clubs anyway. Plenty of nations have tried to copy the British atmosphere, to little success.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Ok here's the story. When I was younger I lived in Germany for a while. I lived in a town called Spaarbrucken, close the the city of Frankfurt. I used to make an appearance (not playing!) their when I could. I caught a good game once between Bayern München.

The crowd their was unbelieveable. They have a guy named 'Pipi' who... well in a way tells them what to do/sing over a speakerphone. They also have a famous thing called 'Hey Eintracht Frankfurt'. Now every fan will link (shoulder wise) and jump up and down constantly while singing. Now here's a video of it and you also see Pipi over the speakerphone.

Thoughts or comments?

Add to the jumping " Blue is the colour footballs the game....." and we will be like them chinese folks off soccer am.... :grin:

P.S It will never work!

Thoughts or comments?

Simple fact its not part of British football culture and never will be sadly. However, its a great idea to have one person leading the way to encourage others to join in (suppose I do tend to do to this esp on away trips) but frankly I feel elsewhere its' to organise and 'off the cuff' doesn't play a part. Some of the more traditional 'ultra' clubs like Sampdoria it works well ... new school especially eastern euro ultras just lack passion for the game.

Simple fact its not part of British football culture and never will be sadly. However, its a great idea to have one person leading the way to encourage others to join in (suppose I do tend to do to this esp on away trips)

Most away trips bar Brighton this year. Step forward OldhamSheridan :grin::wink::drinking45:

.......... then a dozen hammered OASIS laddies walked in " Lewis .. Lewis ..... oh, oh Alessandra .....yeh, yeh, yeh, yeh "

All of you ("you" as I missed the Sportsman special offer bar) put together were in the shadow of the mighty OS that day. I applauded him out of the ground.

Thoughts or comments?

Went to watch Hertha Berlin Vs Karlsruhe on the last home gamw of the season at the olypistadion a couple of months back, and have to say, the atmos was amazing - all this fare was going on... however, it was amazing in a sort of staged, pantomime sort of way... basically, no-one in the ground gave a toss what was going on in the game and it was just a day out, rather than a footie match... probably more helped by the fact it was a nothing game...

Its just not in our culture... maybe if you are 3-0 up against your biggest rival then you will get the whole stand up and dancing - i.e Huddersfield 2 seasons ago... but other than that it just isnt in the english culture... no would I ever want it to be, as is said, first I want to watch the game, secondly enjoy the game with my mates... not bounc round making myself look like a moron.... also if you watch these antics in germany, a big part of it is interacting with the away fans... the two sets answer each other (in a friendly way!) in chants, and try to out-do each other - I can never, ever see that happening here, again, just not in our culture...

A great day out watching german football, but if that happened every week over here I think I would top myself... the other fact that I noticesd is that with the sale of alcohol being legal in german footbnall grounds the whole stadium is absolutely plastered, and everyone meets to drink about 4 hours before kick off at the ground... as is said, have a look at brighton and see what happens!

Went to watch Hertha Berlin Vs Karlsruhe on the last home gamw of the season at the olypistadion a couple of months back, and have to say, the atmos was amazing - all this fare was going on... however, it was amazing in a sort of staged, pantomime sort of way... basically, no-one in the ground gave a toss what was going on in the game and it was just a day out, rather than a footie match... probably more helped by the fact it was a nothing game...

Its just not in our culture... maybe if you are 3-0 up against your biggest rival then you will get the whole stand up and dancing - i.e Huddersfield 2 seasons ago... but other than that it just isnt in the english culture... no would I ever want it to be, as is said, first I want to watch the game, secondly enjoy the game with my mates... not bounc round making myself look like a moron.... also if you watch these antics in germany, a big part of it is interacting with the away fans... the two sets answer each other (in a friendly way!) in chants, and try to out-do each other - I can never, ever see that happening here, again, just not in our culture...

A great day out watching german football, but if that happened every week over here I think I would top myself... the other fact that I noticesd is that with the sale of alcohol being legal in german footbnall grounds the whole stadium is absolutely plastered, and everyone meets to drink about 4 hours before kick off at the ground... as is said, have a look at brighton and see what happens!

Would you care to explain which football shirt you were wearing for the occasion???

Would you care to explain which football shirt you were wearing for the occasion???

I have no idea what you are talking about Sir.... all I remember was it wa smy stag do and my mates made me wear some stupid fancy dress that i had no choice but to wear.... :wink:

... strangely it was surprisingly similar to herta berlin's home shirt, so no-one really batted an eylid!