RIP ernie!!

sincere condolances to ernie's family and especially his pregnant girlfriend!!

terrible, terrible news!

i know we've been expecting this but it's still a terrible shock!!

Andy.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodbye Ernie. Im so sad, so very sad. I wasn't prepared for this at all, I kept thinking he'd fight it off - I don't know what to say to be honest...

My thoughts are with the family at this unhappy time.

God bless you Ernie x.

RIP Ernie...

You have touched so many people in your very short time with us.. Your attitude in Football and in life was inspiring!

You will live on in the hearts of your family and all who had the pleasure in knowing you, watching you or even hearing of you! You truly were one of the good guys!

Deepest sympathy to his family...

RIP Ernie!

Will never forget the day he came on at spotland. His attitude and spark gave latics fans something to cheer about in a very sad time.

Thoughts with the family, RIP Ernie

but for one last time

ERNIE ERNIE ERNIE!!!!!!!!

As a scout I admired Ernie for achieving his dream of playing league football, despite many setbacks.

His enthusiasm and determination to succeed are an example to all aspiring footballers.

These qualities showed whenever he played for Oldham Athletic and the reason he was much loved and will never be forgotten.

Perhaps someone with the expertise could create a book of condolences website for Ernie in his memory.

We were ready for it but its hit me hard today at work, 28 whole life ahead of him, He's going to miss out on so much,

RIP Ernie my thoughts are with you,

Come on Latics lets do this season for Ernie 2008/2009

Ernies Season,

very good point ERNIES season!!!!!

ONCE AGAIN R.I.P. from my nephew nathan .x. :disappointed:

Of all the stories and people I have dealt with over the years this is possibly the most tragic. I am absolutely stunned today.

From all my experiences of him, I can honestly say Ernie Cooksey was the kind of man everyone should aspire to be. Kind, gentle, selfless, committed - and blessed with the heart of a lion.

Good men must die, but death can not kill their names or deeds.

Sincere and heartfelt condolences to his friends and family.

Forever in our thoughts. Our Ernie.

Carl M

I'll remember Ernie as the guy who came to support us against Thurrock, having a laugh and a joke with Danny B on the touchline. Always one of us.

Accoding to Gareth Griffiths, former captain at Dale, who was close to Ernie, Chris Killen and Will Haining travelled down to London from Scotland to be at his bedside - it shows the affection in which he was held by colleagues, past and present.

Having lost my dad last year I know what it is like to lose a close family member - my heart goes out to Louise, Ernie's dad whose wife died nor so long ago and all who knew and loved him.

Rest in peace. Never forgotten.