• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Cheltenham fan I would like to pass on my condolences. I was extremely impressed with the stories told by a few Latics fans when we visited in April and I bought an Ernie for England t-shirt.

My prayers are with his family and friends and also with the lads in the pub who loved Ernie.

If the current crop of players can show a bit of Ernie's spirit and passion, we will surely be promoted to make it a fitting tribute to Ernie, a man who has touched all our hearts - your spirit will be amongst us all forever Ernie - we will miss ya!

Just heard the news, its a black day for all blues. Ernie you touched the hearts of all Latics fans with your spirit & efforts at a time when the club itself was battling for its own life.

My thoughts are with your family, I lost my Dad to the big C but he & my Grandad will make you welcome in Latics heaven. My partner too is also expecting our 2nd baby on Monday, I can't imagine what your family is going through at what should be a time of joy & happiness for you & them. How can life be so cruel that your child will never see just what a great bloke you were? With the help of all Latics fans lets make sure that you will never be forgotton.

Rest In Peace.

Deeply saddening news, the whole circumstances of this have really upset me and made me angry, he was a highly thought of young man, this was shown by all those who offered support in the quest for fundraising. Where was the football world with all its wealth, surely more could have been done to help Ernie get the medication he needed, the football world has let ernie and his family down.

Deepest condolances to his family.

After looking on the Rochdale site reading the Ernie tributes just noticed that they have the slogan "Keep The Faith" on the heading!!

Have they had this motto for long and if so where's it come from... We all know why we have the KTF motto.

Have they simply nicked this off us, and has no meaning to them or have they had it for a while??

After looking on the Rochdale site reading the Ernie tributes just noticed that they have the slogan "Keep The Faith" on the heading!!

Have they had this motto for long and if so where's it come from... We all know why we have the KTF motto.

Have they simply nicked this off us, and has no meaning to them or have they had it for a while??

We half-inched it from Bon Jovi.

I've been out all day and only just found out the sad news via an email from a Dale fan in Dublin, who has been wearing his Ernie shirt all week.

I was in the crypt under St. Wystan's Church, Repton, Derbyshie this morning (one of the oldest buildings in England), and I lit a candle for Ernie , not realising he had been taken from us.

Thanks Ernie for all the memories - you were a shining lght out of football's shadows.. Condolences to Louise and the family.

Thanks for the memories Ernie .. Make sure you get a game with Best and Bobby Moore ...

Rest now the pain as gone,

The Rochdale Cup game should now be used to mark our respects and say goodbye to a true latics treasure !

It will be fitting to have a full house singing his name and song one last time .

Rick