After all the terrible news about Ernie I was wondering how Gary Kelly is doing?

Ryan

You know Razza, I was thinking exactly the same thing while I was getting ready for work this morning, and that was before I heard about Ernie passing.

Anybody any idea on how he's getting on?

• 2 months later...

In today's programme Gordon says he has been in contact with Gary and his family, and he is brought up to date on his health on a regular basis. Gary is not out of the woods just yet, but he is slowly improving. He has had a prosthesis fitted in place of his arm and shoulder, a procedure that meant Gary was on the operating table for thirteen hours.

Gary and his wife would like to thank everyone who has sent good wishes, but ask that everyone respects their privacy at this time, as they try to put their life back together. He has promised that as soon as he feels fit enough he will attend a game at BP to thank everyone in person.

Hes retired isnt he roytoner?

I thought I read that Gary would like to come back to BP to thank the well wishers personally. I'd have thought that would mean he might pop on the pitch at half time.

Yes, after the amputation of his arm, I suggest he is retired............perhaps sarcasm didnt work this time huh?

In today's programme Gordon says he has been in contact with Gary and his family, and he is brought up to date on his health on a regular basis. Gary is not out of the woods just yet, but he is slowly improving. He has had a prosthesis fitted in place of his arm and shoulder, a procedure that meant Gary was on the operating table for thirteen hours.

Gary and his wife would like to thank everyone who has sent good wishes, but ask that everyone respects their privacy at this time, as they try to put their life back together. He has promised that as soon as he feels fit enough he will attend a game at BP to thank everyone in person.

Thanks for the update mate! cheers