flags / banner for Ernie

sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere but whos the guy who does the flags? how much would it cost to make one up? maybe with his face and 'ernie for england' under it?

Markoasis. I'd be amazed if he isn't on it already.

Markoasis. I'd be amazed if he isn't on it already.

On it already ..... sadly

RIP Ernie

Not sure if I'll be able to get all my plans finalised for the Millwall game, but hoping at least to get the banner done which I hope will travel around following the team all season.

Other plans for Spotland:

probally looking for help with

The purchase / donation of canes/sticks for the two stick flags I am hoping to produce in time.

Possible someone who can do a little sewing with these flags, I going to get my mum to help but more people, more flags.

Anyone interested in helping out with this please feel free to PM me.

Other costs are not an issue and to be frank I would people rather give money to Ernies fund to support his partner and soon to be born child

An idea for a banner:

'Wear It With Pride' Ernies face at the end with 1980 - 2008 underneath.

I think the players when lacking motivation in a game, would look up to this in the stand and realise how lucky they are to wear the shirt.

how about we get a giant shirt madeup with cooksey 4 on it and have it laid out on the pitch before home games (think hudds do something similar )

would be nice, but again money could be used for a good cause rather than something like this.

not sure if this is the right place to post this.....

FAO of the 'grown-ups' .... we all know that we can buy a players name to have on our profile thingy yeah?

well i'm sure it's been thought of, but why not charge a small fee to the coffers of the site.. via paypal isn't it? for fans to have ernie's name as opposed to their previous one, or the one they have bought already ( tricky ! it looks like you may be on the bench for a while son!!) and then, once the dust has settled so to speak, we can decide whether to invest in a permanent flag / plaque for a wall / gift to the family / donation to charity etc etc with the money that has been raised...

just an idea...

Edited by thetramdriver

An idea for a banner:

'Wear It With Pride' Ernies face at the end with 1980 - 2008 underneath.

I think the players when lacking motivation in a game, would look up to this in the stand and realise how lucky they are to wear the shirt.

That would be brilliant.

I always have my oafc banner up in the chaddy every game, but this season i plan to replace it with a ernie tribute banner, anyone have any ideas of what to have on it? i like oafckev idea. i'm deffo gunna have a picture of ernie with RIP 1980 - 2008

I always have my oafc banner up in the chaddy every game, but this season i plan to replace it with a ernie tribute banner, anyone have any ideas of what to have on it? i like oafckev idea. i'm deffo gunna have a picture of ernie with RIP 1980 - 2008

Am I the first person to notice that we are likely to have some giant boards covering the demolished Lookers, which would usually have some sort of design on,

and also that a pictorial tribute to Ernie would be a great thing,

and then put two and two together and get.................

Am I the first person to notice that we are likely to have some giant boards covering the demolished Lookers, which would usually have some sort of design on,

and also that a pictorial tribute to Ernie would be a great thing,

and then put two and two together and get.................

...an Ernie memorial site, an area for the exhibition of OAFC legends' pictures and a matchday display area for fans' flags of all shapes and sizes, under the safe supervision of stewards wearing hard hats.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

I currently have a ten foot flag on order from 'Barmyflags'. I have gone for a high quality flag so that it will last. It will make its debut the masters and will hopefully be taken to every game this season (plus as many England games as do not clash with Latics).

There are currently ten of us taking joint ownership for the flag. If anyone else wants to chip in because they want to make a gesture but cannot afford to buy their own flag, please PM me. We are looking for seventeen people to put a tenner each in. If we end up with more than that, that isn't a problem, we will simply give the excess money to charity.

The flag is a a George Cross with the Latics badge in the top left quadrant, Ernie Cooksey across the middle and 1980 2008 in the bottom two quadrants.

Edited by Latics & England

I currently have a ten foot flag on order from 'Barmyflags'. I have gone for a high quality flag so that it will last. It will make its debut the masters and will hopefully be taken to every game this season (plus as many England games as do not clash with Latics).

There are currently ten of us taking joint ownership for the flag. If anyone else wants to chip in because they want to make a gesture but cannot afford to buy their own flag, please PM me. We are looking for seventeen people to put a tenner each in. If we end up with more than that, that isn't a problem, we will simply give the excess money to charity.

The flag is a a George Cross with the Latics badge in the top left quadrant, Ernie Cooksey across the middle and 1980 2008 in the bottom two quadrants.

Why not charge a "donation" or a fixed fee of £1 (or more) for having a picture taken with the flag, to cover expenses / fund raising? Poeople would use their own cameras / mobile phones. Set up locations / times via this forum - before selected home matches, at a pub etc.... I know a blog owner who would post the best pictures :unsure:

... still haven't told my mum she's got a lot of sewing to do.

Image032.jpg

I know I am going off on a tangent here folks and this may not be the right thing to do but I am just making a suggestion.

The way Ernies pic is done it reminds me of Deepdale and the way they got the pictures of Finney and shankly in the stands.

I think it would be fantastic if when the new home end at BP is built we could do the same for Ernie’s picture?

Apologies if somebody has mentioned it.

preston41.jpg

Edited by KYLEOAFC