Ernie : Louise and their first child

For me, the most heart wrenching thing is that Ernie will never see his child, and that his girlfriend Louise will not have the support of Ernie. Having not long become a father, I know how difficult it is dealing with a new born child.

I have a number of items I could give as presents, and I am sure others have too. That said, there is a fine line between charity and help. And of course it has to be wanted in the first place.

Has anyone any ideas of things that we could do to help Louise and their child, and recognise how well liked Ernie was long afterwards, maybe even when their child is older and old enough to understand?

A difficult one, but one I want to raise, in case there is something that is lasting but of real help.

I think a good idea would be to raise money at this forth coming Dale game and have a trust fund set up for the child. This will in time when the child is older not only help out to provide a good education and start to life which a fit and healthy Ernie could have provided, but will show the depth of feeling the childs father he/she never knew commanded. This act wouldn't be seen as charity I don't believe.

Whats happening with the 60k that was raised for Ernie's treatment? Im sure some of it has been spent already and some of it will be given to charity. Is any of it goin to Ernie's family?

I would hope this goes to Louise and the child, without question.

I think a good idea would be to raise money at this forth coming Dale game and have a trust fund set up for the child. This will in time when the child is older not only help out to provide a good education and start to life which a fit and healthy Ernie could have provided, but will show the depth of feeling the childs father he/she never knew commanded. This act wouldn't be seen as charity I don't believe.

Fabulous idea.

I would agree with this sort of idea to set up some sort of trust fund for Ernie's child, but I really think we have to be careful. We watched Ernie when he played for our team and we appreciated and loved what he did but he wasn't our partner or our dad. I think we need to back off a bit here folks and have some breathing space. Everyone is a bit giddy here at the moment and wanting to do as much as they can immediately. Lets back off and in a month or so be guided by the people who post on here who know Ernie's family. Hope I've not insulted anyone but for all our feelings it really isn't our loss.

Andy

I would agree with this sort of idea to set up some sort of trust fund for Ernie's child, but I really think we have to be careful. We watched Ernie when he played for our team and we appreciated and loved what he did but he wasn't our partner or our dad. I think we need to back off a bit here folks and have some breathing space. Everyone is a bit giddy here at the moment and wanting to do as much as they can immediately. Lets back off and in a month or so be guided by the people who post on here who know Ernie's family. Hope I've not insulted anyone but for all our feelings it really isn't our loss.

Andy

Agreed. I am all for any initial fundraising going into the same pot we have all put into, but I think it might be a lasting legacy for us fans to provide some support to people in Ernie's recent position in our native towns, in his honour.

thought about this one and i believe all louise needs to know is shes part of a family now a family of football fans who support two small clubs in the north west and if ever she or her children need help in the coming years that we that family who held her man in sutch affection and respect are happy to help.

if you need us louise just ask and we will be there