we should sign him

JIMMY 'SHOCKED' BY CONTRACT WRANGLE

!

Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink has revealed he is "very shocked" after reportedly being denied a contract extension he says he is entitled to.

The 36-year-old veteran striker is in dispute with Cardiff after being told his services were no longer required at the club.

Hasselbaink, who made 44 appearances for City in all competitions last term, insists this contravenes a clause that was included in his last deal, which stated he would automatically receive another year's service should he play a certain number of games.

However, the club, who are refusing to comment on the situation, are said to be claiming they made a verbal agreement with the veteran to waive the option.

In a statement issued on Wednesday night Hasselbaink, who is taking the matter further, said: "I am very shocked and disappointed at the current situation.

"Following discussions with my legal team, I'm unable to comment further at this time."

Paul Dickov is worth a try

Ok.. please explain why we need a 7th striker... and as Lees say a 7th striker that would cost more than the previous 6 combined.....

... and pretty much have the same combined age...

I'd imagine Hasselbaink will be at leeds quicker than you can say "whaddawastomoney"

Edited by BigfinLatic

However, the club, who are refusing to comment on the situation, are said to be claiming they made a verbal agreement whilst he wasn't present in the room with the veteran to waive the option.

Gotta say, I'm not JFH biggest fan but I really do fu...(wow, my swear word wasn't filtered...ok, I'll censor myself :wink:)....hate Cardiff City FC.....hope he sues their backsides off coz it's fairly clear JFH is telling the truth IMO, when CCFC start with rubbish like "we made a verbal agreement" etc. Why on earth would JFH agree to that when he clearly wants a contract? Idiots!

Edited by boundaryblue80

44 games how many gols? hughes is a better finisher. davies is faster, younger, hungrier. deano has found his feet will kick on this season. lewsis is immensley technically talented probably the best feet at the club. leave jimmy where he is, hes a dutch micheal ricketts.

Gotta say, I'm not JFH biggest fan but I really do fu...(wow, my swear word wasn't filtered...ok, I'll censor myself :wink:)....hate Cardiff City FC.....hope he sues their backsides off coz it's fairly clear JFH is telling the truth IMO, when CCFC start with rubbish like "we made a verbal agreement" etc. Why on earth would JFH agree to that when he clearly wants a contract? Idiots!

I especially detest Ridsdale. Have you seen he's been given a £500,000 bonus despite huge losses. That man should not be in football. Why is it that when a club hits trouble (Leeds in his case - feelings apart) it's the fans and players that get hit with draconian measures brought in by a Thatcherite has-been while the people responsible ie the owner or CoE, is allowed to walk away and carry on somewhere else.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!