The Ernie Cooksey Rose Bowl

Ernie made his debut in "The rose bowl". I think when we play the game next as a "pre season friendly". It should be renamed.

The next game between the clubs is different as its a league cup game. But Ernie left a bigger mark on the "rose bowl" than any other player in memory. I think it would be fitting.

Very good call. As you say, he made his debut in that game (Ernie for England!) and played for both clubs so I can't think of anything more appropriate other than every year, the proceeds from the game should go to a cancer charity.

Top ideas. Very appropriate. Can someone speak to someone??

Ernie made his debut in "The rose bowl". I think when we play the game next as a "pre season friendly". It should be renamed.

The next game between the clubs is different as its a league cup game. But Ernie left a bigger mark on the "rose bowl" than any other player in memory. I think it would be fitting.

That would be the most fitting tribute to the great man.

same idea on the dale board, so it's definately got the backing of both sets of fans.

Dale fans have also suggested the idea of every player wearing "Cooksey 4" in the cup game, seeing as that's the number he had for both clubs. Not sure what the league rules are on that though.

same idea on the dale board, so it's definately got the backing of both sets of fans.

Dale fans have also suggested the idea of every player wearing "Cooksey 4" in the cup game, seeing as that's the number he had for both clubs. Not sure what the league rules are on that though.

Didn't Man U get permission to play the Munich anniversary game in old style kits without numbers? That sets a precedent.

Didn't Man U get permission to play the Munich anniversary game in old style kits without numbers? That sets a precedent.

They played with numbers 1-11.

I don't think they can all play with number 4 on, primarily as the ref may find it tough to work out who he'd booked/warned.

Although the shirt that's up for auction has 16 on the back.

Didn't QPR do it recently when they lost a younger player to a car crash Ray Jones?

I completely support this idea but it aint a big enough tribute for one game to be in his name, he deserves more and should have a stand named after him or his number 4 retired in memory. Possibly with Hillstones going bump get his name on the front of the shirt.