Punctuation Police & Guardians of Grammar

Guest oa_exile

So just to conclude .........

Perhaps the desserts are supplied by that well known patissiere, Monsiuer Gateau, therefore the whole range is Gateau's?

It clearly states that M. Gateau is a cake maker, rather than a cake shop. Perhaps you were too busy swallowing his syruppy goodness goodness to pay much attention to your pedantry :)

Goodness, I was so busy get cake-maker right that I got Mister wrong :blush:

........ Shoddy :)

But what do you expect of some southern wannabe faggott :grin:

It's easily done! B)

Indeed! I take that you are accepting that I was correct up until after Mr Exile started and that he supplied irrefutable evidence of his proclivities by the way?

I was making allowances because no doubt your typing was distracted by your ticket-booking activities. B)

A pastry baker is called a pâtissier in French. Just to clear it up. Bloody garlic munching surrender merchants...

So it is. I was confusing it with creme patissiere, which is a thick creamy sauce no doubt frequently enjoyed by Exile when he visits, "cake shops," whilst away on business.

• 1 month later...

I had a break from the North West debate this morning by going to the dentist. My teeth were set on end in the waiting room, when I read a notice limiting to two per year scale and polish's . The sign writer thought wrongly that a plural is indicated by an apostrophe before the letter s. Some will say that the apostrophe is indicating the dropping of the letter e, but that's wrong also. It's simple, one polish two polishes.

I feel better after that educational interlude. :grin:

Right, let's get back to winning this big match for Ernie!

Guest oa_exile
I had a break from the North West debate this morning by going to the dentist. My teeth were set on end in the waiting room, when I read a notice limiting to two per year scale and polish's . The sign writer thought wrongly that a plural is indicated by an apostrophe before the letter s. Some will say that the apostrophe is indicating the dropping of the letter e, but that's wrong also. It's simple, one polish two polishes.

I feel better after that educational interlude. :grin:

Right, let's get back to winning this big match for Ernie!

Some of your posts on here of late have unleashed some whoppers ........... to say the least :)