Ryan Bertrand

No idea if we were interested in getting him again, but Norwich have got him for next season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ich/7491258.stm

Which is a shame.

Doubt Chelsea would want him back in League One. Seems a good progression for a very decent player. Think he'll do well there. Especially with Roder in charge, seems to do well with kids.

Got a good chance of being a premiership player in my view

Doubt Chelsea would want him back in League One. Seems a good progression for a very decent player. Think he'll do well there. Especially with Roder in charge, seems to do well with kids.

Got a good chance of being a premiership player in my view

Clasic BBC report, no mention of his 20 odd games for us before he went to Norwich.

Clasic BBC report, no mention of his 20 odd games for us before he went to Norwich.

i read on sky sports news last week , phil brown, hull was thinking about a 2 MILLIION ( YOU READ IT RIGHT ) bid , good but not that good , and never will be. but did a job for us.

Edited by palmer1

best left back weve seen at bp in years!!! (did a job) HA!!

Simon Charlton might argue about that, although from completely opposite ends of their careers. Charlton started off fantastically well for us, organising both the back 4 and Taylor, and only slipped off when his legs went. Bertrand started off very iffy defensively but improved at a scary rate, definitely the potential to be a good Premiership LB IMO.

best left back weve seen at bp in years!!! (did a job) HA!!

the standard of left back at boundary park has not been up to much over the last few years,

(charlton was better)

what did he do that was so special?, he wasnt exactly outstanding.

the standard of left back at boundary park has not been up to much over the last few years,

(charlton was better)

what did he do that was so special?, he wasnt exactly outstanding.

I think it's more a case of what he didn't do.

I don't recall many unforced errors, poor passing or missed tackles.

Doubtless others may, but for me, without being stunning, he was somebody who delivered what was required and became more of an attacking threat before the loan spell ended.

I think it's more a case of what he didn't do.

I don't recall many unforced errors, poor passing or missed tackles.

Doubtless others may, but for me, without being stunning, he was somebody who delivered what was required and became more of an attacking threat before the loan spell ended.

so he did a job then? :toilet:

Chris Armstrong?

yep, he was better than bertrand, he also played midfield, excellent left back, did a job in midfield, betrand did a job a left back,im not saying he was bad, what im saying is, he was nothing special