JavaScript problem

Diego_Sideburns

Whenever I try to watch YouTube videos or Channel M, I get a message stating "you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player".

I have checked and my Flash Player is the latest version, so how do I make sure my JavaScript is turned on?

Control Panel > Java > Java (Tab) > Java View (for 'Application Runtime Settings') > Make sure a tick under 'Enabled' and Apply/OK through the dialogue boxes.

It might not completely be a client problem though Diego. In the past such sites like the ones you've mentioned, it's the client side firewall that won't allow the streaming data, because the server code won't allow it. But this can be remedied client side until the code gets patched. Set your firewall settings to whitelist these sites for the time being. Or if your looking at uk.youtube check out the www.youtube site instead...

Control Panel > Java > Java (Tab) > Java View (for 'Application Runtime Settings') > Make sure a tick under 'Enabled' and Apply/OK through the dialogue boxes.

It might not completely be a client problem though Diego. In the past such sites like the ones you've mentioned, it's the client side firewall that won't allow the streaming data, because the server code won't allow it. But this can be remedied client side until the code gets patched. Set your firewall settings to whitelist these sites for the time being. Or if your looking at uk.youtube check out the www.youtube site instead...

Rummy, everything is enabled and I've tried both youtube sites.

How do I whitelist the sites?