red arrows banned from appearing at the 2012 London Olympics ...

" especially the one's where the Herc's do a TAC landing from high up, and the daft pongo's are driving their landrovers out the back as the thing is still hurtling down the runway.... awesome!!"

yeah saw lots of crazy happenings like that..i was aboard a herc once when they opened the back and rolled out pallets with all sorts on.

i was about halfway up the plane stapped in and i still :censored: it!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was at Marham a Herc did a Tac landing at an Airshow there. The troops on board got out in all round defence and the Land Rovers came bombing out. Quite impressive until Monday morning when we found out the Rovers had driven over one of their troops crushing their rib cage.

" especially the one's where the Herc's do a TAC landing from high up, and the daft pongo's are driving their landrovers out the back as the thing is still hurtling down the runway.... awesome!!"

yeah saw lots of crazy happenings like that..i was aboard a herc once when they opened the back and rolled out pallets with all sorts on.

i was about halfway up the plane stapped in and i still :censored: it!

LOL! I know that feeling.

I went up at Langar airfield in a Britten Norman Islander to assist attaching static lines and 'encouraging' student skydivers to go.

As I wasn't jumping, I had no pack on and was sat opposite the open hatch. Suddenly the pilot banked about 45 degrees toward the opening and I felt myself sliding along the plyboard floor towards the exit.

For a few seconds I was digging my nails in 'cartoon style' while yelling at the pilot (A Woman :rolleyes: ) to level off.

I was shaking more than the first timers by the time we got over the DZ.