Having enjoyed a Leo Sayer in Stockport yesterday and struggling with a hangover today, I decided to walk over to Latics today to pick up my season ticket and sign Ernie’s book of condolences, in the deluded thought that it may help to blow away the cobwebs. I bought my main stand ticket online and was not entirely sure if my seat would be a good one. I asked Judith in the ticket office if I could change it if I wasn’t best pleased with it after a couple of games. To my absolute astonishment Judith then went on to the computer wrote down the numbers of what she thought would be better seats and then took me up to the stand and allowed me to wander through and check out the seats. I have now got an absolute belter of a seat.

As something of a misanthropic curmudgeon I’m only too happy to point out when things are not to my liking, so I thought it only right to congratulate the club and Judith in particular on this fantastic show of superb customer service. Not a misanthropic curmudgeon today, but a winsome boulevardier. Thank you.

I then went into the shop and signed Ernie’s book. Please get down there and sign it if at all possible. I’m heading back down there now with a shirt to hang on the tribute.

Nice to hear about this kind of thing.

Judith has been there a long time now and would have seen it all I would guess and she's always been very helpful. Her colleague was also very helpful last year when they sold my daughter's seat for the Hudders cup game before the season ticket holder's deadline had passed! they gave me the next door seat for nowt, very kindly!

Having enjoyed a Leo Sayer in Stockport yesterday and struggling with a hangover today, I decided to walk over to Latics today to pick up my season ticket and sign Ernie's book of condolences, in the deluded thought that it may help to blow away the cobwebs. I bought my main stand ticket online and was not entirely sure if my seat would be a good one. I asked Judith in the ticket office if I could change it if I wasn't best pleased with it after a couple of games. To my absolute astonishment Judith then went on to the computer wrote down the numbers of what she thought would be better seats and then took me up to the stand and allowed me to wander through and check out the seats. I have now got an absolute belter of a seat.

As something of a misanthropic curmudgeon I'm only too happy to point out when things are not to my liking, so I thought it only right to congratulate the club and Judith in particular on this fantastic show of superb customer service. Not a misanthropic curmudgeon today, but a winsome boulevardier. Thank you.

That happened to me too, although I'm in the Main stand lower. Basically took me down, and out through the players tunnel and let me have my pick. I think it's little things like this which is the main reason to why I love the club. It's never changed, even though the more successfulo periods.

Am I the only person who finds that the people at the ticket office act like your causing a huge nuisance by wanting to purchase tickets from them?

Not really the women are always really, relly helpfull and friendly but there was this bloke there, not seen him for a while and the contempt he had for people was unbelievable, a real jobsworth if ever there was one.

thats what great about our club compared to our other 'larger' neighbours....

it must be awful talking on the phone to some faceless person at their ticket offices and being dealt with in a 'just another fan' kinda way...

she's been nothing but helpful in the past when i have needed tickets for friends etc and she tries her hardest to get you as close as possible, bearing in mind i sit within a pretty full season ticket area...

also...if you think back to a couple of years... it's staff like this lady who's jobs were on the line and may have possibly worked for nothing for quite a while to keep things ticking over for US!!

hope she's reads this page or someone does... they're all of a similar vain IMO...

thanks guys!

Whenever I have changed my season ticket seat the staff at the ticket office have let me have a look first and have always been friendly when buying other tickets, even for the Blackpool play-off game when they had come in on their day off to work and faced quite a bit of abuse from some other fans. Same as the fans in the shop, never had a problem and they have gone out of their way to help.

Last season I was in Spain when the Huddersfield cup tickets went on sale for ST holders and I e-mailed them from the hotel and Judith said that she would hold them for me until I returned. It is called good customer service and can only be applauded.

Can't see that happening at the bigger clubs

:mainstand:

Not really the women are always really, relly helpfull and friendly but there was this bloke there, not seen him for a while and the contempt he had for people was unbelievable, a real jobsworth if ever there was one.

He sold me two tickets which turned out to be not for adjoining seats. Also when I got comp tickets second-hand from the LDV sponsor for the Main Stand and tried to swap them for the Chaddy, he said you don't want to go in there with all that noise! Obviously he didn't believe the myth about the acoustics. B)

Having enjoyed a Leo Sayer in Stockport yesterday and struggling with a hangover today, I decided to walk over to Latics today to pick up my season ticket and sign Ernie’s book of condolences, in the deluded thought that it may help to blow away the cobwebs. I bought my main stand ticket online and was not entirely sure if my seat would be a good one. I asked Judith in the ticket office if I could change it if I wasn’t best pleased with it after a couple of games. To my absolute astonishment Judith then went on to the computer wrote down the numbers of what she thought would be better seats and then took me up to the stand and allowed me to wander through and check out the seats. I have now got an absolute belter of a seat.

As something of a misanthropic curmudgeon I’m only too happy to point out when things are not to my liking, so I thought it only right to congratulate the club and Judith in particular on this fantastic show of superb customer service. Not a misanthropic curmudgeon today, but a winsome boulevardier. Thank you.

I then went into the shop and signed Ernie’s book. Please get down there and sign it if at all possible. I’m heading back down there now with a shirt to hang on the tribute.

Same happened to me and my nephew when we got ours a few years back! Belting isn't it! He was over the moon! The service and the staff are part of what makes the club what it is!

Is Judith the only lady that works at the ticket office? Only as somebody said before, the few dealings I’ve had (not many), whatever my query has been, seems to be the biggest inconvenience to be sorted out. And any questions I’ve asked have been answered in the way that I should have known the answer in the first place?

In no way is this a dig at the staff, as I appreciate that they work hard and are dealing with people all day every day, either on the phone/shop/ticket office, but I just found it interesting how different my experiences have been compared to most other peoples.

Now the short fat guy who wears glasses....words cant describe how much I dislike him.....

thats the fella i was thinking about after my post..... i went to renew once and had just moved. i fancied getting the ticket on the never never with the finance that they had at the time... i needed a utility bill and obviously didn't have one..

his answer.... " you'll have to do without then!....NEXT?"

trust me when i say, that short and fat he may be, but i reckon that it wouldn't have took much to get him through those little serving windows!!!

I bought my main stand ticket online and was not entirely sure if my seat would be a good one. I asked Judith in the ticket office if I could change it if I wasn’t best pleased with it after a couple of games. To my absolute astonishment Judith then went on to the computer wrote down the numbers of what she thought would be better seats and then took me up to the stand and allowed me to wander through and check out the seats. I have now got an absolute belter of a seat.

Your right the staff are very helpful, sometimes they have off days like us all - Janice C did the same for me now I have changed from the NSM stand to the Main Stand. Now I have a seat on the half way line and a great view

Your right the staff are very helpful, sometimes they have off days like us all - Janice C did the same for me now I have changed from the NSM stand to the Main Stand. Now I have a seat on the half way line and a great view

He is called Robin i'm led to believe and he certainly is a horrible ****

thats the fella i was thinking about after my post..... i went to renew once and had just moved. i fancied getting the ticket on the never never with the finance that they had at the time... i needed a utility bill and obviously didn't have one..

his answer.... " you'll have to do without then!....NEXT?"

trust me when i say, that short and fat he may be, but i reckon that it wouldn't have took much to get him through those little serving windows!!!

I hate the guy..... Had the unpleasent task of dealing with him on a number of occasions and I cant belive latics continued to employee him. Didnt give a monkey about the fans.....