Song Poll Results

Entrance Music

Mouldy Old Dough

Goal Celebration Music

Guns Of Navarone

Enjoy

That took you a while to count wouldnt mind but the poll does it for you anyway :grin: ... Or where others involved like the ones who hijacked the fluo yellow poll! :grin:

Sorry for it taking so long, I had too get it confirmed with Alan before it could get announced. unfortunaly he has been away all last week. Just bad timing I guess.

I do however have the clubs full backing, and word these winning songs will definatly be used next season. I very much doubt they would let me do the poll in the first place, announce it in the chron and announce it on the official site if they were going to back out.

it's made the OS, so I'm a bit more confident that it will be taken seriously unlike the time we voted on a club "anthem" when Chris M**re arrived

you mean the 'club anthem' also strangely voted in by many other clubs and appearing in a television commercial for a major brand? another example of the contempt in which us 'consumers' are held.

remember the guy singing in front of the chaddy? we really were expected to be joining in (sat down) by the end of it, ive never sqirmed so much in my life.

Sorry for it taking so long, I had too get it confirmed with Alan before it could get announced. unfortunaly he has been away all last week. Just bad timing I guess.

I do however have the clubs full backing, and word these winning songs will definatly be used next season. I very much doubt they would let me do the poll in the first place, announce it in the chron and announce it on the official site if they were going to back out.

Till Franny gets bored and reverts to the Bongo song and Tom Hark!

Yippee.........! <_<

Sorry for it taking so long, I had too get it confirmed with Alan before it could get announced.

Good to see that, in spite of the rarely wrong Chron's misleading labelling of the two tunes, its resultant readers' fluo yellow-style late run by Samba failed to beat Guns. B)

Till Franny gets bored and reverts to the Bongo song and Tom Hark!

Yippee.........! <_<

thats what I'm afraid of didn't we play it at the beginning of last season then they changed back to the tedious Tom Hark?

Having listened to it several times I think Guns of Navarone could really catch on and I'm glad it won, hats off to whoever suggested it

Having listened to it several times I think Guns of Navarone could really catch on and I'm glad it won, hats off to whoever suggested it

The earliest post I can find under the search facility is this one:

Never heard this song before but can imagine it would sound pretty good as someone posted before a catchy easy tune...Plus you can bounce around like the idiots in the video...

but I have a feeling someone else suggested it originally.

.... I have a feeling someone else suggested it originally.

I've found it now - StipeTripe take a bow!

QUOTE(StipeTripe @ Jul 13 2007, 08:43 AM)

Slightly off topic, but can I just add that I've always thought that playing "Guns of Navarone" by the Specials after we score would be quality, in my opinion like.

Der der der der der der der

Good choice! Here's a clip of what it would sound like at BP when we score.

P.S. The guy is Neville Staples (not Stape).

The earliest post I can find under the search facility is this one:

but I have a feeling someone else suggested it originally.

MarkOasis suggested it first - Before last pre season. It got played once or twice in friendlies against wednesday and I think the Mansfield cup game. Franny didnt like it so he stopped playing it.

That clip is quality - They'll be doing that in Tokyo's to G.O.N before you know it.................after the usual holy grail tunes they have on loop every week that is. :grin:

MarkOasis suggested it first - Before last pre season. It got played once or twice in friendlies against wednesday and I think the Mansfield cup game. Franny didnt like it so he stopped playing it.

That clip is quality - They'll be doing that in Tokyo's to G.O.N before you know it.................after the usual holy grail tunes they have on loop every week that is. :grin:

On a point of accuracy Rocky, it was StipeTripe who suggested it first on a thread about a song for Lee Hughes:

StipeTripe

Posted on: Jul 13 2007, 08:43 AM

** Emerges from summer hibernation**

Slightly off topic, but can I just add that I've always thought that playing "Guns of Navarone" by the Specials after we score would be quality, in my opinion like.

Der der der der der der der

Markoasis was in favour of the suggestion from the start.

Maybe by the 13th Mr Tripe wil have emerged from hibernation once again. :)

remember the guy singing in front of the chaddy? we really were expected to be joining in (sat down) by the end of it, ive never sqirmed so much in my life.

Oh dear God that was painful. At least he had the decency to look embarrassed. Thank God Mouldy Old Dough and Guns of Navarone are both instrumental.

• 2 weeks later...

As it was only a friendly last night there was no singing or chanting (apart from the booing of Savage), but credit where it's due....Franny had arranged for Mouldy Old Dough and Guns of Navarone to be played in accordance with the poll result.

The PA system was much louder in the Chaddy but still sounded garbled - during the game you could hear the humming sound of the speakers because the volume had been turned up higher than ever before. Franny announced something about the European Championships, and then both teams walked out and lined up as they do in International matches and the Greedy League. This seemed to me to be a contrived way of finding an excuse to play Seven Nation Army by White Stripes, which was also played after half-time - regardless of the poll result.