ERNIE'S FUNERAL

morning all

ernie's funeral has been set for monday 21st july at 10,30am

it will take place at St.James' Church, Jamaica Rd, Bermondsey, London (close to millwall's ground)

the family have said that as many people as possible are welcome at the service which will be beamed outside on screens once the church is full.

they have also requested to see as many oldham , rochdale shirts etc as possible outside the church to bring a real splash of colour.

there will be speakers at the service including iain dowie, and others close to ernie and his family.

i have spoken to the club and they have asked if anyone wants to attend, they will run a coach subject to numbers and costs. please register your interest with lois in the club shop and they will endeavour to put on a coach, would be great if we could see a bus load of oldham fans in attendance, even though obviously the time and day will make it difficult for many.

ernie'd dad john would like to express his thanks for all the messages left on this site as he has been reading them daily.

best wishes

martin

Unfortunatly I can't make it, due to me carrying out the bosses duties while he is on holiday. gutted really, would have liked to pay my respects.

Very fitting though that such a well liked public figure gets the send off he deserves. I'll be sending my deepest sympothy.

10.30am in London is going to exclude many who would have wished to attend. I would hope that there will also be a memorial service in Oldham or Rochdale to enable many fans to pay their last respects.

Good idea - Is this something our Chaplain can look into at the first game V Millwall ? :cardinal:

I travel to London regularly on a Monday morning. If you want to get south of the river by 10:30 on a coach I think the set off time would need to be no later than 5am!

And you can forget about getting a taxi to take you...

10.30am in London is going to exclude many who would have wished to attend.

The Rochdale F.C. official site has more comprehensive details about the funeral.

http://www.rochdaleafc.premiumtv.co.uk/pag...1340650,00.html

The funeral leaves the Funeral Directors at 10.30am, but the service is actually at 11.30am which will give more people time to get there.

The address of St. James's Church is stated as Thurland Road, Rotherhithe, London SE16 4SQ, which seems to be the same as St. James’s Church, Jamaica Road, Bermondsey on our official site. Bermondsey tube station as stated already above. No doubt our OASIS lads will explain the peculiarities of London geography.

The Rochdale F.C. official site has more comprehensive details about the funeral.

The funeral leaves the Funeral Directors at 10.30am, but the service is actually at 11.30am which will give more people time to get there.

The address of St. James's Church is stated as Thurland Road, Rotherhithe, London SE16 4SQ, which seems to be the same as St. James’s Church, Jamaica Road, Bermondsey on our official site. Bermondsey tube station as stated already above. No doubt our OASIS lads will explain the peculiarities of London geography.

defonitely going!

There a roundabout next to it so it kind of falls between two raods. I use to live 2mins walk away from it and was the scene of the 'infamous' Battle of Jamaica road were I smashed three lads trying to mug me.

Guest oa_exile
There a roundabout next to it so it kind of falls between two raods. I use to live 2mins walk away from it and was the scene of the 'infamous' Battle of Jamaica road were I smashed three lads trying to mug me.

How old were they, 6 ? :lol:

Edited by oa_exile