Should we expect an outgoing transfer soon?

Judging by this link Chris or neal should be getting their bags packed. A rather blunt way to get the message over I think but I think the implication is pretty clear.

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1340400,00.html

Pure speculation.

Of course, selling players is one way of balancing the books, but it's one of a few ways. I wouldn't be surprised if the club end up doing that, however I think it'll only come to that when other avenues have been exhausted.

This won't just effect us either. With an oncoming recession, just about every club living on a breadline, so-to-speak will see an already difficult struggle be that bit harder. It's perfectly plausable too, that we'll see the end of a couple of clubs, on a professional level anyway, within the next 2 or 3 years.

Yers has to cuts yer cloth, innit?

is it true that albert steptoe suggested we do away with the youth system in order to spend the money on transfers? imagine if tta agreed and we got guy branston for an extra year?? no trotmann, no allessandra, no smalley, no spencer, no philliskirk, no black, no chalmers?? theres almost £1m before weve even started.

Edited by daznathe

is it true that albert steptoe suggested we do away with the youth system in order to spend the money on transfers? imagine if tta agreed and we got guy branston for an extra year?? no trotmann, no allessandra, no smalley, no spencer, no philliskirk, no black, no chalmers?? theres almost £1m before weve even started.

so glad we ant got that sh**e manager no more

ooohhhhhh johhny johhny

Judging by this link Chris or neal should be getting their bags packed. A rather blunt way to get the message over I think but I think the implication is pretty clear.

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1340400,00.html

Yes Derek says best way to raise funds is to sell Taylor - definitely - Derek finks this is by far the best suggestion ever!

the thing that makes me angry :rant.sml: with latics is when we have good players and sell them for not even half what they are worth, other clubs get decent fees for there cast offs we just give them away its always the same gunner halle was valued at £1m but i think we got £500k for him if that was united they would have got the full £1m

i would say derek would agree with steptoe there, but you didnt include taylor. :grin: