Keeper denies blackmail

A FORMER Oldham footballer has denied blackmailing a top Premier League player.

At a plea and case management hearing at Manchester Crown Court yesterday, goalkeeper Ashley Timms (22), of Middleton, pleaded not guilty to demanding £15,000 from the unnamed star.

He is charged with making an unwarranted demand for money from the player with menaces between March and April last year.

Timms was a triallist with Latics reserves in February, 2007, and has played for Mossley and Curzon Ashton.

Judge Andrew Gilbart QC set a trial date for August 11 and upheld a previous ruling by magistrates that the Premier League player could not be named.

Timms was granted an extension of his bail and ordered to report to a police station twice a week. He was also ordered not to have contact with a prosecution witness.

Bit of a tenious link with latics, with him being a trailist once upon a time. Was that piece of journalistic brilliance in the Chron by any chance?

They sucked me in good and proper. Alls I'm saying is that goalkeepers are over-subscribed in our Rogue's XI.

Who the bejesus is Andy Gorham anyway?

Bit of a tenious link with latics, with him being a trailist once upon a time. Was that piece of journalistic brilliance in the Chron by any chance?

If memory serves he was actually on a YTS or whatever they are called now contract for a period under Wadsworth. He didn't last too long and spent short periods of time at several clubs in the North West including Alty and Barrow i think. It was whilst he was at Barrow that he returned to BP for the trial period as described in the Chron. His longest period anywhere seems to have been at City after leaving us the first time around where he stayed for over a year i think.

goalkeeper Ashley Timms (22), of Middleton

Yes I noticed this last night on Ceefax, its how all the media have reported it. I bet if old Ashley had saved a kiddie from a house fire, or performed something else of worth it would have been ""goalkeeper Ashley Timms (22), of Rochdale"". But heck no its a bad news story. and when its a bad news story its ok, nay imperative to use Middleton as the home town, same every time.

Yes I noticed this last night on Ceefax, its how all the media have reported it. I bet if old Ashley had saved a kiddie from a house fire, or performed something else of worth it would have been ""goalkeeper Ashley Timms (22), of Rochdale"". But heck no its a bad news story. and when its a bad news story its ok, nay imperative to use Middleton as the home town, same every time.

Come on Stipey, fess up lad - you're all bad eggs in Midd :shock: .

KtF,

Derek.

Come on Stipey, fess up lad - you're all bad eggs in Midd :shock: .

KtF,

Derek.

Bollocks :D

In fact last night on the Gordon Burns show they featured a report about a little lad attacked by a dog. To start with Ranvir said in a pub in Rochdale, and then went errrrrr Middleton, ffs (obviously without the ffs) ! Then the whole report said Middleton, and worse it was posh JimiT Middleton too !!!!!

Edited by StipeTripe