Dale Ticket info

I know it's unavoidable sometimes but this all-ticket business is getting a bit much.

The ground holds about 10,000 and we've been allocated 3,200 which should be enough for a midweek game.

With Rochdale's average crowd at under 3,000 under the circumstances even allowing for the ERNIE factor there shouldn't be a problem.

This would be a good time to relax segregation and if we were to bring in excess of our allocation I'm sure we could be accomodated in other parts of the ground.

We want the night to be a fitting tribute by both sets of fans but in my opinion making it all ticket for Oldham fans will definitely affect the turnout.

£15 is also too much for a 1st round match unless £5 of it was to be donated to the fund or charity.

Am I being unreasonable or what?

oafc1955 you make some good points but i can also see holes in your argument!!

for instance , what would happen if no segregation and there was trouble!

who would take the blame and also who would be punished!!!!

The Willbutts Lane stand holds 3,650.

But the OS says we have only got 3200 segregation restrictions me thinks.

I think £15 isn't unreasonable either lets face it. It created a massive buzz on here when we found out we were playing Rochdale and we all had an eye on the League 2 play off final anticipating a derby next season It will be a big crowd certainly the biggest Dale will have before Christmas anyway.

But the OS says we have only got 3200 segregation restrictions me thinks.

I think £15 isn't unreasonable either lets face it. It created a massive buzz on here when we found out we were playing Rochdale and we all had an eye on the League 2 play off final anticipating a derby next season It will be a big crowd certainly the biggest Dale will have before Christmas anyway.

Yep. They're going to put meshing on the corners by the looks of it.

The thing I dont get is how it can be all ticket for away fans but home fans are only being "encouraged" to buy tickets rather than them being given no choice but having too, if they want to see the game. The majority of dale fans wont go Spotland to pick a ticket up when they've not been told that they actually need one. Same as I wont be going to Oldham to buy a ticket when I live around the corner from Dale's ground. Whats the point in travelling to Oldham, when I can just walk to Spotland on the night and go in one of the home ends. Why spend money travelling to Oldham when there's no actual requirement for me to do so??

Either make it all ticket for all or dont. Cant be one rule for one and not the other - How are they going to tell Oldham and Dale fans apart if you dont wear colours? There's no need to have the meshing in place. 3,000 would be more than enough. Making it all ticket in one section of the stand, just plays into people going into other sections of the ground they can pay on the night.

Rochdale Police - Useless once again!

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Same police as oldham.

If I cant get to BP to get a ticket I'm going in the Dale end.

Same as. It all seems a bit silly. There might be a few muppets who want to make something of the fixture round the town, but the fans inside the ground aren't going to be kicking off on this of all occasions. I'm sure the overwhelming majority of decent fans would have something to say to those of either side who disgraced themselves.

Yep. They're going to put meshing on the corners by the looks of it.

The thing I dont get is how it can be all ticket for away fans but home fans are only being "encouraged" to buy tickets rather than them being given no choice but having too, if they want to see the game. The majority of dale fans wont go Spotland to pick a ticket up when they've not been told that they actually need one. Same as I wont be going to Oldham to buy a ticket when I live around the corner from Dale's ground. Whats the point in travelling to Oldham, when I can just walk to Spotland on the night and go in one of the home ends. Why spend money travelling to Oldham when there's no actual requirement for me to do so??

Either make it all ticket for all or dont. Cant be one rule for one and not the other - How are they going to tell Oldham and Dale fans apart if you dont wear colours? There's no need to have the meshing in place. 3,000 would be more than enough. Making it all ticket in one section of the stand, just plays into people going into other sections of the ground they can pay on the night.

Rochdale Police - Useless once again!

They can request you bring a valid passport or utility bill when buying a ticket and check your postcode. Dale fans with Oldham codes would proberly already be on there database.

They can request you bring a valid passport or utility bill when buying a ticket and check your postcode. Dale fans with Oldham codes would proberly already be on there database.

They're hardly going to do that at the turnstyles though are they? Not that it would stop Pukka, or Rocky, or Luke Beckett's Anchor, or Richie or for that matter me, Markoasis and the others who have family in Dale.

They're hardly going to do that at the turnstyles though are they? Not that it would stop Pukka, or Rocky, or Luke Beckett's Anchor, or Richie or for that matter me, Markoasis and the others who have family in Dale.

No not at all however if ticket salas early on go well and we snap up a fair amount early on GMP and Rochdale officials may get worried and can quickly change it to all ticket.

So what would they do with someone from middleton, who lives nextdoor to a dale fan :unsure:

Tom. That could never happen, for the simple fact Rochdale falls under Oldham postcode. Mine's OL11, which is the same as Spotland stadium. Not mention the sheer amount of 'tics who actually live in various parts of 'Dale. There's loads.

No not at all however if ticket salas early on go well and we snap up a fair amount early on GMP and Rochdale officials may get worried and can quickly change it to all ticket

Either case. If Latics do start to sell well with tickets and worst comes to worst. It's only 5 minutes up the road to get a ticket in the dale end. Dale wont have more than 3,000 fans there.

Personally i'm banking on being able to pay on the night. I'm sure something will give nearer the time. It usually does with Dale.

Anyway. If they're like the Darlo playoff tickets for the 2nd leg, then i'll just turn up with a blank peice of paper with Dale v OAFC wrote on it. :lol::lol: Even the daley's are taking the p*ss out of what the tickets are going to look like for our fans.

untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Tom. That could never happen, for the simple fact Rochdale falls under Oldham postcode. Mine's OL11, which is the same as Spotland stadium. Not mention the sheer amount of 'tics who actually live in various parts of 'Dale. There's loads.

Either case. If Latics do start to sell well with tickets and worst comes to worst. It's only 5 minutes up the road to get a ticket in the dale end. Dale wont have more than 3,000 fans there.

Personally i'm banking on being able to pay on the night. I'm sure something will give nearer the time. It usually does with Dale.

Anyway. If they're like the Darlo playoff tickets for the 2nd leg, then i'll just turn up with a blank peice of paper with Dale v OAFC wrote on it. :lol::lol: Even the daley's are taking the p*ss out of what the tickets are going to look like for our fans.

untitled-1.jpg

True but they could only sell tickets to people with OL 11,12,13,14, 15 and 16 postcodes.

How are they going to tell Oldham and Dale fans apart if you dont wear colours?

Has an easier question ever been asked on a message board?

We will be the ones with opposable thumbs, walking on two feet and in most cases have vastly reduced body hair compared to those in the home end.

Has an easier question ever been asked on a message board?

We will be the ones with opposable thumbs, walking on two feet and in most cases have vastly reduced body hair compared to those in the home end.

That'll be the Rochdalians in the away end