Latics sign up Man United striker

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this now mean Wolfy is our 7th choice striker?

... Honestly, we will have more strikers than Fans soon... perhaps Shez's midfielder collector affliction has now changed to forwards?

Mentioned he wants another central midfielder yesterday so he's still keen on them :wink:

This is all well and good, but when the hell are we gonna sign a Left footed full back. Should have been the top priority last summer never mind this!!!!

True. I get the impression that young Paul Black will be given a bit more pitch time this season. Had a couple of sniffs last season but like Eardley a couple of years back, could be ready for a starting place this time round.

With regards to this young striker from United. Does anyone have any detail on him? Is he pacey? Big? Tricky?

Guest M_OAFC

Tony Philliskirk was telling me about this lad back in April but with so long having passed I thought maybe it had fallen through.

Apparently he was really highly rated even by Man Utd's standards and there's no way they would have released him on ability but he's had a few problems off the field and Utd eventually lost patience.

TP said it remains to be seen whether we can get him back on track but that his ability was worth a try and Utd told him that if we can he'll be in our 1st team by Christmas!

Fingers crossed and good luck to the lad

Tony Philliskirk was telling me about this lad back in April but with so long having passed I thought maybe it had fallen through.

Apparently he was really highly rated even by Man Utd's standards and there's no way they would have released him on ability but he's had a few problems off the field and Utd eventually lost patience.

TP said it remains to be seen whether we can get him back on track but that his ability was worth a try and Utd told him that if we can he'll be in our 1st team by Christmas!

Fingers crossed and good luck to the lad

Was as highly rated as Wellbeck. Injured at the moment though, and he'll be joining the youth team

Very quick, powerfully built striker in the United reserve side. Capped by England youth as well. Looks pretty handy.

Andy, why cant you be like RBL and give me a straight answer.

You do hurt my feelings sometimes... :disappointed:

Guest oa_exile
Very quick, powerfully built striker in the United reserve side. Capped by England youth as well. Looks pretty handy.

Ah you mean Danny Welbeck , spelt with one L :wink: